Attention Hog (Raph X Gender Neutral! Reader)

It was lonely. Well perhaps not as lonely as raph felt, with his brothers and pops around, but still lonely with out you in the lair.

Seriously what was so important about your school that you had to avoid seeing him for a few days?! And just how much longer did this school thing take?

Raph couldn't stand the fact that you hadn't popped up in the lair for a while now. It was driving him crazy not seeing his favorite person walking around. Of course raph knew you were busy, and for a good reason too, it's just that he couldn't stand being away from you too long.

He may be a little clingy with you now that he thinks about it. But he can't help it. He just missed his best friend. But the word best friend was nothing more than just a cover up on his feelings and he knew it. Nothing could really hide the real reason he wanted to see you. (It was just his massive crush that made him so antsy to have you stay away for a while.)

But even if everyone but you were acutely aware of his feelings that didn't stop him from making the excuses. He just missed you, a lot. He knew his brothers were getting fed up with his questions on how you were or if they've heard anything from you. (And he also knew that you were trying text him as much as you could, but kept reminding him that these mid terms were something you had to take seriously.)

It was just hard being away from you for so long. He's going crazy! It was clear he had to resort to plan B. He just had to see you. Raph had no other choice.

Plan b was cunning, only a plan that was saved for absolutely desperate times. There was no doubt about it, these were desperate times! (And mind raph did a good job of convincing him that he was saving you from those "mid terms.")

Raph knew when to act upon his plan. Tucked securely in bed one morning, he made sure he had everything he needed before taking action.

Wet towel over his head, check. Bugged thermometer to read a high fever, check. Teddy bear army beside him, double check.

Now he just had to sit and wait for his family to notice. Raph knew what he was doing as he laid in bed, not even emerging from his room for breakfast. (Raph never missed a meal after all.)

Which of course caused his brothers to peek their heads around the corner into his room after a while curiously. (It was odd for raph to not be the first one up.)

Donnie was the first to notice that morning. Walking into the kitchen, dragging his feet like a zombie, towards a stale granola bar. There was no raph in sight. Everyone knew he was always the first in for breakfast.

Mikey was second in, sleepily waving hello to Donnie as he reached inside the fridge for some milk. Half way through pouring it into the glass he finally noticed. Looking around frantically as if raph had been shrunk down someplace inside the room.

Leo, was of course, the last to even realize something was even wrong. Standing in the door frame about to leave, after grabbing something to eat real quick, scrunching up his face.

"Hey guys, is something missing?" With a swift turn leo had pointed between his brothers, and naturally Donnie face palmed.

By 10:30 am they filed into raph's room to see what was up. Emerging from their clustered curious position to stand fully in the snapping turtle's room.

Everything was working out according to plan. And with an exaggerated cough raph groaned hiding in his blanket, hiding his face from donnie as he leaned close examining him.

"Oh yeah," donnie leaned back running his chin thoughtfully, "he's sick."

Raph faked a believable sneeze, making himself look miserable afterwards.