Home (Leo X Gender Neutral! Reader)

This was requested by @claudethefox56

"May I request Leo X Gn Reader where they've been away for a while and when they comeback they surprise Leo and he gets so happy he smothers them in love ❤️"

This one shot will have an established relationship and takes place a few months before the movie, where the reader is in their first year of collage!

Enjoy!
~nightmare

"Are you sure you really wanna go to this fancy school? Can't you just go to the same collage as april so we can be closer?" Leo's voice was a distant memory but one that replayed in your head constantly. (After all it was the last time you saw him in person for months.)

You frowned a little standing in the alleyway just outside the airport. You didn't want to travel a state over but you knew you had to for your collage of choice. You were lucky enough to get accepted. (So you could pursue your dream career.) it's just hard to leave your boyfriend behind.

"It doesn't work like that leo," you shook your head clutching your bags, "I wish you could come with me instead."

Leo hand his hands on his hips, then raised one to rub the nape of his neck unable to make eye contact with you.

"I-I don't think I can leave New York." He sounded so quite. You knew why. He had a lot of responsibility now that he didn't take seriously yet. It was still a lot on his mind and the way he coped was acting as if it was still just fun and games.

"I know." You muttered softly, voice drifting away in the wind. This was a temporary goodbye.

"Okay, okay let's compromise." Leo held his hands out as he spoke.
"We call each other everyday. Keep each other updated on what's been happening and plan for at least video dates."

You smiled at his attempt. But long distance relationships were always hard to manage. But you had a feeling the two of you could do it. Some how you had a feeling.

"Sounds good to me. Can't wait to get the camera snatched away by your brothers mid conversation." You laughed a little at the thought of the other three brothers trying to snatch the phone away from Leo when ever the two of you talk.

"Very funny, like I'll let that happen." Leo pouted slightly.

You had to keep an eye on the time you can't miss your flight. You glanced at your phone after pulling it from your pocket, turning to look out at the street watching the traffic into the airport get thick.

"You have to go now don't you." Leo's voice was deep in a solum nature. A rare sound from the red eared slider, especially when all he's ever sounded was laid back. You looked back at him, phone now stuffed in your pocket, nodding slowly.

"I'm going to miss you." You gasped gently rushing to envelop him in one last hug.

Leo gladly accepted holding your tightly not wanting to let you go. His lips peppered your neck in gentle kisses, a habit you've noticed through dating him that was his way of silently saying he loves you.

You just nuzzled into his shoulder holding on tightly. After everything the two of you have been through this really felt like the end. Part of you felt as though this goodbye was the last time you both would ever see each other and the other had hope. Hope that the two of you could make it work.

Pulling away partially the two of you looked at one another deeply. Unable to tear your gaze away from the other until finally leaning in for that much desired kiss.

A memory that played inside your head everyday of every month you spent at your new school.

Like Leo said he would try, the two of you talked every night. Nothing special just late night phone conversations. Sometimes it was while he was fighting. Sometimes it was while you were doing home worth. Others the two of you were just alone in your rooms.