𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 2; Going out with a ✨✔

Six years ago, a woman named Rurahel approached The Emperor and convinced him - more like threatened him - with the three babies in her womb, to help her rise the social hierarchy.

Rurahel was the stepdaughter of a viscount and was both intelligent and beautiful - lustrous purple hair paired with eyes of a deep violet hue that glistened like polished gems - but her commoner blood was never erased, and it would never be, always casting a pervasive shadow over her life.

Somehow, she got the guts to approach The Emperor out of all people.

Rurahel had expected that if she showed unwavering love and support for The Emperor, he would love her wholeheartedly. And maybe even marry her one day, taking her as his queen.

She was supposed to be smart, right? So how the hell did she follow through with that plan without once thinking it was fucking stupid? Anyway...

One night.

The Emperor favoured her for only one night.

And yet, Rurahel got pregnant and gave birth to three children.

Presumably, if the children didn't have the appearance of the imperial family bloodline with striking blonde hair, The Emperor would have killed them before they could even open their eyes.

But since they were born with blonde hair, The Emperor spared them, only giving them their names before leaving his three newborns in the hands of Rurahel; the woman who would then abuse them for the next five years of their life.

'I still don't understand how that drunko thought it was a good idea to hook up with the fucking emperor out of all people. Fuck the Cold Duke of the North or something. But no, she just had to go for the Tyrannical Psychotic Emperor'

Perched on the edge of a tree branch at least a few meters in the sky, Sora's gaze drifted into the distance, recalling what she knew about Rurahel and how the hell she got the Emperor to sleep with her, while she idly swung her legs back and forth in the air.

'Still, the whore expected too much out of a man. Just be grateful he wasn't a bitch and didn't beat you at it. Fuck, then go. She was smart enough to know the definition of a one night stand, right?'

She closed her eyes, a cool night breeze caressed her face, carrying with it the fresh scent of the forest.

Arien's gaze lingered upon her sister as her blonde locks swayed gently in the breeze, her closed eyes and relaxed expression plastered on her face. It was the third time in her whole two lives Arien saw her sister ever so relaxed.

As the midnight wind blew onto Arien's face, she shivered involuntarily and sneezed. The nocturnal breeze, though refreshing, carried a subtle nip that hinted at the embracing coldness of the night.

She wondered whether Arjen and Sora, were immune to the cold or if it was her own sensitivity that rendered her susceptible to its prickling touch.

Noticing Arien's scrunched-up expression, Arjen let out a chuckle and asked, "You good there, Arien?"

"Y-yeah...just a little cold."

Sora's eyelids fluttered open to the gentle murmur of Arjen and Arien's voices, and as her gaze swept across her surroundings, it settled upon the branch beneath her. She followed the branch until her eyes alighted upon a piece of fruit that had sprouted from a sapling begging to bloom on the branch.

Although the fruit seemed just out of reach, with a few playful gusts of wind, it caused the fruit to sway gently before detaching from the stem and landing softly in the palm of her hand.

Looking down at the fruit in hand, it emitted a gentle, yet sweet aroma. She pressed her fingernail into the skin, peeling it open.

'I never knew there were pomegranates here'