EPILOGE

Zayn sighed heavily. He had just come from his mandatory session with the jail psychologist. He had remained mute. Nobody had heard him speak since he arrived at the prison. He smirked to himself as he made his way back to the cell.

"Hey. Mr Silence" the correctional officer yelled as he came across the block towards Zayn. "You got a new roommate.Guess he won't have to worry about you talking' his ear off!" the Officer laughed taunted as Zayn approached. Zayn raised an eyebrow and walked into his cell and stared at the new inmate. He remained silent but a slow grin crossed his face as he looked into the brown eyes of the man before him. D*mn but Louis was a genius!

Louis checked out another book then glanced at the wall clock facing him. Liam should have arrived at his new prison by now.He smirked to himself as he reflected on his good fortune that none of the authorities had realized just how much of an IT genius he was. For  months he had played the good guy, the reformed character and been rewarded for it with a job in the prison library..and access to the computer used for running it. A few 'simple' adjustments over the next few weeks and he had been able to hack into the system, names and crimes changed, release dates fixed. Soon it would all come together and the three of them would be free. He logged off and shut everything down. A guard came in, checked the library and escorted Louis out, locking the doors behind him. Louis bid him a quiet good night and wandered back to his cell. Not long now, he thought, not long.

"Come on Niall, you are going to be late"  Martin, his Manager yelled at him and Niall grabbed his guitar and followed him. Harry was already in the car. Tonight Niall was going to play his new single on the The Late,Late Show. He was nervous and excited in equal measure. His new album would soon be released and he  felt he was finally moving forward after the traumas he and Harry had endured. But he had survived, they had survived. And finally he felt as if he could relax a little. The nightmares that had haunted him were lessening and he felt lighter and lighter with each passing day. He climbed into the car smiling contentedly.

"Ok, move it." The guard yelled at the group of ten men waiting in the secured courtyard of the jail. "Don't forget your stuff and remember, no talking." The men were marched briskly to the prison bus and loaded onto it. They all sat silently. Three of the men avoided looking at each other, all anxious not to do the slightest thing that might draw attention to themselves . Eventually, when everyone was in their seats, the bus pulled away heading towards the half way house where they were to stay as they got their feet under themselves again. Louis was already preoccupied with mentally checking everything he had put in place,.He ran over his planning, squirrel like, looking for any possible flaws in his scheme but he couldn't see any. Satisfied, he closed his eyes. He might as well take a nap while they traveled.

It worked flawlessly. Two days after their arrival at the half way house, the three men were on their ways to supposed 'new jobs'. They left at different times and in different directions. The plan was to meet in a few days time and then organise their future. The authorities never found out about the Island they owned. Their private getaway where they could live in complete isolation from the world and where there would be no prying eyes. A perfect place for a perfect life. Just a few more days.

The show had been amazing and Niall was on a real high.The after party was in full flow when he and Harry decided to go outside and cool off a bit.They were both a little tipsy and stumbled across the yard to sit on the wall,  away from the bright light spilling out of the door ,giggling like school kids .

There was movement in the dark shadows behind them but neither lad noticed. A hand rested on  Liam's  shoulder and Zayn shook his head regretfully then tugged him back to the van parked near by. Liam turned before climbing into the van and whispered to the night air before he drove away.

"Soon, baby boys, soon"

The End.