Naughty Little Munchkin

Louis held out his hand and beckoned slightly with his fingers, an indication that Patience was to give him her phone.

"Give Daddy the phone, baby. Little girls don't play with cell phones. They are just meant for grownups, not little toddlers like you, sweetie."

Patience stared at him, biting her lips. Maybe if she screamed someone would come. But it was like Louis had read her mind and smirked.

"Baby, we're in a deserted corridor. Nobody will hear you scream and anyway" he patted his pocket "I can keep you quiet. Now give me the phone". Patience handed it over. "Good girl" Louis continued to smirk. "Now listen to Daddy. You'll do exactly what you are told or Daddy will punish you severely. Very severely. Do you understand me?"  Patience nodded. Maybe if she stayed calm there was a chance she could escape and get help for Niall. She'd play along for now. "Right, let's go. We need to get Niall then Daddy will take you home to see your Grammy and your little brother. Harry has missed you. Come on." Louis opened the door and placed his hand on the back of Patience's neck, guiding her through the door. His fingers were exerting a painful pressure so that she didn't try to struggle.

Harry. They had Harry? Things were even worse than she thought. Her mind whirled as she tried to think of ways of escaping Louis and getting help. Louis pushed her in front of him as they headed back down the corridor and towards the part of the hospital where Niall sleeping off the effects of the anesthetic. Surely they would see someone and she could raise the alarm? But luck wasn't with her and Louis was soon pushing her through the door of Niall's room. Liam and Zayn looked up at their entrance, shocked when they saw who was with Louis.

"Lou, what the f.ck" Zayn blurted out. "How? Where?"

"Just bumped into my little girl a few minutes ago" Louis grinned "And I'm sure she is happy to be back with her Daddy, aren't you, sweetie."

"You're twisted, evil. Why are you doing this to us? We're adults, not babies. Why are you using us to fulfill your twisted fantasies?" Patience spat at him. Her temper was rising and she was almost shouting. Liam, who was standing slightly behind her, covered her mouth with his hand as he pulled her back against him.

"Shhh, little one. We don't want people to hear you having a tantrum now, do we." Liam whispered in her ear. "You don't want a smacked bottom, do you.? " Patience struggled and tried to bite Liam but he was very well built and she was no match for his size and strength. Liam shook her slightly and she whimpered with fright. "That's better. Now I am going to let you go but if you try anything, there will be trouble."

"Is everything set, Lou?" Zayn asked, turning his attention back to Louis, who nodded.

"Yeah, Simon has the plane on standby. We've several options. There is the Island, the Montana Community or the cabin. It all really depends on Niall's condition. Liam? You're the most experienced with medical stuff. What do you think is best?" Louis queried. He'd trust Liam's judgment more than his own when it came to medical matters. He was a computer genius but Liam had the medical skills. Liam sat down and thought, running through the various locations, comparing all the advantages with the disadvantages of each location. It was important he got it right. Niall would need excellent care if he was to make a good recovery.

" For practicality, the cabin would probably be the best place, even though the Island is likely to be the safest location in the long run".  Liam finally spoke. "The cabin is also off the grid, but we can access equipment and medication more easily than we could from the Island, and we've got Dr. Andrews and Dr. Clarke, plus me and Josh. Even Patience can help until we regress her. The Island is definitely far more secure but we can go there later when Niall is better. The Montana Community isn't safe, they could get raided as we did. It's too easy to f.ck up."

"The cabin it shall be. I'll set things going. Patience, Uncle Liam will look after you while Daddy is gone. Be a good girl for him, won't you? Daddy doesn't want to have to punish you, but he will if necessary." Louis nodded at them and left, pulling up his mask as he went.

Patience decided that she should, at least, do her job and checked over Niall carefully. It was while she was bent over him, that his blue eyes fluttered open and he stared at her, blinking slowly as if to clear his vision. Recognition flooded his mind and he started to smile and open his mouth to speak. Patience held a finger to her lips and slightly shook her head, hoping Zayn and Liam wouldn't notice.

"Mr. Gallagher, I'm your nurse. My name is Pat." She stared at him meaningfully. "It's nice to see you awake. Are you in pain?"

"Ummh, yeah, my leg. And my head hurts." Niall's voice sounded rusty, his throat rough and sore from the effects of the anesthetic.

"I'll increase your pain medication in just a moment. Let me give you some ice chips to suck. That will soothe your throat." Patience put some ice in Niall's mouth then increased the flow of pain medication into his iV, grateful when she saw his body relax as it started to take effect. "Just close your eyes and rest, I'll look after you".  I hope I can look after you, Patience thought as she tidied up, straightening the bedclothes and adjusting the pillows so Niall would be more comfortable. This was a situation that seemed like it was almost impossible to overcome.

 Now his pain had decreased, Niall had fallen asleep. Patience looked towards the two men sat near the bed. Liam seemed to be deeply asleep and Zayn was scrolling through his phone. If only she still had her phone. Her eyes narrowed. She didn't have her own phone but maybe Niall's was here. She moved over to his locker and knocked his water jug off, so it smashed on the floor. Niall murmured something but didn't wake up, neither did Liam. Zayn looked towards her.

"I'll just clear this glass up then I can mop up the water with a towel from the restroom. It won't take me long." Patience mumbled. She then crouched down and began to gather up the broken glass as she carefully hid the locker door with her body, stealthily sliding Niall's phone out and into the pocket of her scrubs. She stood up carefully, moving across the room to dump the broken glass in the trash. "I'll get that towel now". She headed to the bathroom and went through the door, planning to lock herself in the room and call for help. A hand twisted around her wrist and pulled her back." Liam stood glaring down at her.

"Give Uncle Liam the phone, pumpkin" . She struggled to escape but Liam held her firmly and pulled the phone from her pocket. "You didn't really think I was asleep, did you?  Naughty little munchkin, your  Daddy won't be happy when I tell him. Now, I think you've earnt  yourself some corner time, don't you?"

Patience shifted her weight from foot to foot as she stared at the wall of the restroom. She was exhausted. Somehow the shifts had changed and Liam and Zayn had managed it without anyone getting suspicious. Surely Mark would know something was wrong? Had he tried her phone and got no reply? Would he raise the alarm? She could only pray he would. Liam still had kept her standing there, talking to her from time to time as if she really was a toddler. If only she could get free but there was precious little chance now. At least she might get to hear their plans and that might help. She leaned against the wall, mentally exhausted, her eyes closed in thought. Her shift was due to end shortly. Mark would try calling her. Would he realize something was badly wrong when she failed to answer his call? She could only pray.

The phone buzzed in his pocket and he pulled it out to read the text that had just come in.