Chapter 5

¤ Ning ¤

Yuji can sometimes be so selfish. I mean, it's not that I didn't want her with me. I always need support from a friend. Then I see a figure approaching  me. It was the doctor. Finally.

"Are you one of the relatives of Uchinaga Aeri?" He asked.

"Yes. I'm her girlfriend." I staded proudly. I like the sound of that. Aeri as my girlfriend would honestly be a dream come true.

"Okay then. Probably your girlfriend was very depressed. She was extremely dehydrated and she has a very low blood sugar level. It seems that she hasn't eaten in a few days." I was startled and scared. Did Aeri do this because of me? Then  guilt rushed through my body.

"It's not somethings to be worried about. She just needs to rest for few days. Make sure she drinks almost 1litre of water per day and that she eats enough."

"How's she doing now?"

"She's sleeping but she will wake up in a bit."

"Can I go inside?" I asked.

"Yes, but try not to wake her up. She needs her rest." He responded.

"Okay. Thank you." I bowed and went inside the room.

Seeing Aeri in this state makes me want to cry. But I somehow managed to restrain my tears. What kind of best friend would hurt their own best friend ? I even said to the doctor that I was her girl friend but I don't think I deserve her. I felt so remorseful and ashamed. That's why I decided to make a promise. If anyone dares to hurt my Aeri, even me, I'm going to destroy them.

¤ Jimin ¤

On our way to the hospital, Minjeong and I didn't talk. It was like we didn't know each other. I was kind of glad that I wasn't alone to be honest. But I just don't understand why would Minjeong come with me. Even though she told me the reason, I feel that there's a deeper meaning. I might over exaggerating though. I don't want to get into conclusions.

"We're here." She said. We left the station and I rushed to the hospital. I didn't care if it was raining or not. I needed to see my friend. And I needed to be there for her.

"Wait! Jimin!" Minjeong run  to me. The way she said my name made me shiver. This weird feeling came to my stomach but it left.

That was weird. I thought.

We arrived at the building and I went to the receptionist.

"Hello. Do you have a patient named Uchinaga Aeri?" I asked breathing heavily.

"Wait a minute. Let me find the room number." The good lady at the desk responded.

"I'm going to wait here." Minjeong said. "I don't want anyone in school to find out that we're living together."

"Then why would you come with me?"

"I wanted to...never mind. I'm just gonna wait here."And she left to sit somewere.

 "Fine then; Whatever suits you." I responded coldly.

"Room number Uchinaga Aeri is 159, 2nd floor." The receptionist gave told me and gave me a reassuring smile. 

"Thank you." I went to the hospital room by the stairs because the elevator are annoying.

I finally found the room and I saw Ning crying silently. Maybe she didn't want to wake up Aeri. I need to ask her what happened.

"Hey." I hugged her very tightly. I can feel shirt getting wet by her tears.

"It's going to be okay. Aeri is a fighter. Don't worry about her."

"How can't I worry about the person I love?"

"You what?"

"I'm in love with Aeri."

Finally she realized that. Did Aeri admit her feelings to her? I have so many questions going through my head but then I hear someone whispering and groaning.

"Aeri?" Ning said with tears in her eyes.

"Ning? Where am I? What--" she got cut off bu Ning's hug.

"Pabo! Don't do that again, okay?" She had tears in her eyes.

"O-okay." I don't think Aeri understand what's going on. I don't either to be honest. "Jimin, why are you standing here? Come here." The older girl said while opening her arms.

 I gave her a tight hug. But not very tight because I want her to breath.

"So, want happened?" I suddenly ask breaking the silence.

Ning took a deep breath and starting telling me the story. But to my ear. She probably  don't want Aeri to hear that they share the same feeling to each other. yet.

"Oh."

"Guys can you tell me what's going on?"

"So basically when you were leaving for my house you couldn't breathe. And then you fainted in Ning's arm. You have been passed out for about 3 hours."

"Aish. Jinjja?" She widened her eyes. "Ning, I'm so sorry I never meant to trouble you this much." She was biting her fingers.

"Aeri-yah, it's okay. )Just next time take better care of yourself."

"Now that's everything's settled, I need to go back to my house." I groaned. I didn't want to go back there with Minjeong.

"Okay see you tomorrow at school." Aeri said. I was about to leave but then i hear Ning's voice. 

"Aeri, no. You have to rest for about a week and then you can go to school. I won't be going either because I want to take care of you." Ning was extremely sad. I feel that she's guilty for what happened to her best friend / crush.

"Ning, you don't have--" She got cut off.

"Nope. I'm not hearing about this. I'll take care of you even if you want or if you don't. I don't care. I'm doing this for you."

"Fine." She groaned not knowing what else to say.

"Goodnight lovebirds." I smirked.

I'm 100% sure they blushed but I didn't see them as I turned my back at them and left.

When I arrived at the lobby, I saw Minjeong sitting there quietly. She seemed so...

scared and sad. Like she was familiar with this place. Like something awful happened here and all the bad memories came to her head. But I decided to interrupt her thoughts and go home.

"Minjeong. Come on." I patted her shoulder. " Let's go home."

"Okay. How's your friend?" She questioned.

" Thank God she's fine." I responded.

She seems so what  relieved. But then her expression turned into cold again. How does she do that?

"Okay."