Chapter 18

¤ Jimin ¤

Someone once said that the first kiss tasted like apples. Others have said that it was like the first flower but appearing at the end of a branch. And some have said it was like the ocean they saw for the time in their lives.

I have imagined countless times this moment. And when that happened with Minjeong, I couldn't feel anything but enthusiasm and comfort. It was honestly like a dream come true.

Unfortunately, after that 'incident' that occurred, it's been way too awkward to talk to Minjeong. That's why I've been working my ass off at the ramen shop too. 

Yeonjun and I grown closer. He is actually a pretty decent guy and I'm glad I met him and his father. He also has a beautiful voice.

He also can dance and rap well. He would have been an amazing artist in the K-pop industry, but he's not interested in that since he prefers photography.

What surprised me the most is that Heeseung and Yeonjun have grown closer. They both told me that they enjoy each other's company a lot and I'm glad about that.

I was currently at home, laying in my bed and thinking about what happened between me and Minjeong. I just couldn't get it off my mind. :

Then my phone interrupted my thoughts. I checked who was calling me and it was no other than Heeseung.

"Hi, Heeseung." I said and sighed.

"Wow, Yuji. What's up with you?" He chuckled.

"What do you mean?"

"First of all, you sound tired as fuck." Well, he wasn't lying. Working was very tiring for me. "Also, when you sigh, something is bothering you."

"How- You know what? I'm not even gonna ask you how you know that."

"Yuji, we've been best friends for years. I know you all too well. So tell me."

"Tell you what?" I tried to play stupid so that I wouldn't have to tell him.

"What's bothering you, you idiot. Counsellor Heeseung's here."

"No."

"Okay, okay. I just called you to say a happy new  year. Also, you dad called me yesterday."

"Wait, WHAT?" I basically yelled at my phone. "W-Why?"

"He said that he wants me to join him in Korea for a couple of months and talk about music and stuff."

"Oh. Okay. When are you leaving?"

"Probably tomorrow. Send my greetings to Yeonjun by the way when you go to work tomorrow."

"Yep. Noted. Happy New Year idiot."

"Yeah, yeah. Bye now."

I smiled and checked my phone's battery. It was low and I tried to find my charger but it was nowhere to be found.

After really searching the whole apartment, I found it under my pillow. Don't ask me whatit was doing  there. I don't fucking know.

When I was going to charge my phone, the power was out.

"Shit. Really universe?" I said to myself.

Minjeong wasn't at home since she was working at the café. The worst that I was afraid of the dark. Also, when the power went out, the radiator stopped working.

Essentially, I was either gonna freeze to death or shit myself from the dark. I opened my phone to check what was happening and I saw 3 missed calls from Minjeong. I called her back immediately, but when she picked her phone up, my phone battery was at 2%.