Chapter 8

¤ Jimin ¤

I woke up next morning by Minjeong's alarm clock. It was way too loud  for me to handle. I groaned and yelled "So damn loud!"

I walked out of my room furiously and I knocked on Minjeong's door.

"MINJEONG! YOUR ALARM IS RINGRING FOR SUCK'S SNNAKE!"

Nothing.

"TURN OFF THE FUCKING ALARM I NEED TO SLEEP FOR AT LEAST TWO MORE HOURS." I knocked the door again. And still nothing. The alarm sound was getting on my nerves.

"YOU ASKED FOR IT! I'M COMMING IN!" I opened the door and walked into her room.

She wasn't in there and her bed was made. Then I saw five alarms. FIVE. What the hell is this?

I turned off all of them aggressively. When going to work, she should've at least turned them OFF. Right?

I was going to walked away, but then a picture caught my eye. It was a young looking  Minjeong with her parents and her.....brother? Maybe her brother. Wow, she has some cute side.

The picture frame as a huge K on a it. It's from Kim I guess. I smiled and then took a closer look at it. But as I was walking towards it, I fell down along with the picture frame. And guess what. I broke it. I cut myself too from the glass, but that didn't matter at this point.

I took a closer look to the damage I had just made. I definately couldn't fix it. But I needed to inform Minjeong about this. Of course she would've gotten mad at me, but I can't lie.

"I'll just tell her at school later." I said to myself trying to calm down.

You see, Minjeong's going to work at 5 am with all her school belongings, so that she leaves from there and not waste any time.

So I got prepared and then I took off school.

At times like this, I need Ningselle's advice.

Time skip ---------->

I was roaming around outside Minjeong's room classroom being a nervous wreck. I checking inside from the glass to see if she's in there after at all. I saw her sleeping. For a brief moment, I forgot about our deal and ignored the people inside the classroom.

"Min-" I just as I started saying her name, everyone stopped talking and stared at me. And being the socially awkward I am, I closed the door and left. I mean, who wouldn't do that if they were in my position.

"Excuse me." I said and she just ignored me, walking down right past me.

Shit, how am I gonna tell her now?

Time skip ---------->

I was alone at the house, sitting on the couch and thinking what to do. Then the door suddenly opened and as expected, I saw Minjeong.

"We-welcome home."

"I'm so tired." I could see that she was tired. Now I'm screwed. "I'll take my bath in the morning. Goodnight." She started walking into her room.

"Shit." I cursed under my breath.

Now, she was inside with the door closed. I was biting my index finger when she came out of the room. I couldn't read her expression, so I became more nervous than I was before.

"You didn't go into my room, right?" She asked. My breath was faster than before and my heart was beating so fast.

"I-I'm sorry." I bowed at her and tears started to form in  my eyes. I was staring at the floor, avoiding her gaze.

"The alarm clocks were all ringing, so I was turning them off and I accidentally dropped the photo frame." I explained the situation still not looking at her. "I'm really sorry."

"We both agreed not to go in each other's rooms." My heart broke listening th her strict tone. She reminded me my father. "You broke the rules, and mu stuff. It's too much." Her voice cracked.

"I didn't mean to do that and you know it." I started blankly at her. "I promise that I'll replace the frame. The photo is fine-"

"That's not the issue!" Did she just yell at me?

"What is it then?! Huh?" I yelled back at her. Then she took a look at my hurt hand and whispered something I couldn't quite catch.

"Forget it. It's not that it matters what I say." Were her last words after she walked inside her room and locked the door.

"You're taking this too far!" I yelled angrily again and then walked into my room.

 But I didn't know that Minjeong was holding that picture and cried herself to sleep that night.

Tomorrow At School

I was sitting alone at lunch, when Yeji and Ryujin started to approach me. Yeji and Ryujin were dating, and they've been hanging out with me since I was 10. But we stopped hanging out and I honestly don't know why.

"Jiminie, where's your lunchbox?" Ryujin asked as they sat down with me.

I just don't feel like eating today." Yes that fight with Minjeong last night really brought me down, for some reason.

"I could sense that something was wrong. But now things are serious. Jimin not eating is a VERY big deal." Yeji joked.

I then saw that Ryujin didn't have her lunchbox with her, but only a bag with bread.

"Ryu, where's your lunchbox?" I asked.

"I just wanted to make a change, that's all." She answered.

"Jagi, do you know who else buy bread all the time?" Yeji suddenly questioned. Ryujin shook her head and then looked at me to see if I know. I didn't either, so I gestured Yeji to continue, while I was drinking water.

"It's that Top Three popular girl, Minjeong." I chocked on my water and and spit it eventually.

"Jimin, you okay?" They both asked at the same time.

"I'm fine. Please continue."

"You know, that girl lost her parents when she was young. That's why she's been buying lunch her own." Yeji continued

"I really admired her for how she's been keeping up." Ryujin said

I was shocked. That's why she was that mad the previous day.

"Jimin you didn't know? Most of the people know this so I thought-" I interrupted Ryujin

"I-I have to go. Bell's gonna ring soon anyways." I stood up and left.

Memories flashed onto my head.

"Can't you ask your parents or somethings?"

"Nope"

"You're freeloading off your parents too."

"My mom is a pain in the ass, calling me at least 5 times until now."

"You should answer."

"Forget it, it doesn't matter what I say."

I'm such an idiot.