CHAPTER ONE

All my life, I have dreamt of being a chef. And now, I'm living that dream! Working at this cute, small restaurant owned by my adorable  boyfriend gave me the absolute joy of my life.

"The souffles are ready!" I said as I push the tray filled with deliciously smelling, freshly-baked souffles towards the waiting server.

"Wow, someone's in a good mood today." Emily said with a smile at me.

My best friend Emily enters the kitchen carrying some groceries and proceeds to clean her sode of the table.

"I'm always in a good mood, Em." I said to her.

"Not when–" Emily's words get interrupted as the kitchen door strikes the wall making a loud thud.

I see Jessica, a new waitress, sauntering over my table.

"Oh God, here comes the she-devil. I don't even understand how she got hired." Emily said.

"Same, girl, same." I said to Emily as my response agreed to her words.

"Which one of you made the last batch of souffles?" Jessica asked with an angry tone.

"It was me, Jessica. Why?" I asked her.

"I should have guessed it was you. A customer has a complaint, and he is asking for you." Jessica answered with an angry tone.

Oh no, what happened? I should have tasted one before sending them out.

"What are you waiting for? Come with me!" Jessica said in an angry tone.

I feel Emily staring at me with worry as I follow Jessica to the kitchen door.

"You know what? You shouldn't be cooking when you don't know how to. You're so clumsy. I don't even understand how Lucas can trust you with the kitchen." Jessica said to me.

The audacity! How dare she– I must put her in her place.

"Do you think you are in a position to tell the head chef what to do and what not to? If you didn't know, the 'Lucas' you're talking about is my boyfriend, and I could get you fired in the blink of an eye." I said to Jessica with an angry tone.

With that, I walk away, showing her who the boss is.

Let's see what this is all about.

I find it almost empty as I enter the dining area– except for one man.

He is dressed in a designer suit, not a hair of place. His face seems familiar, but I can't put a finger on it.

Oops, looks like I pissed off someone important.

I move closer, and his dark eyes meet my bright ones, suddenly making me feel intimatated.

"Did you cook this souffle?" He asked.

"Yes,  I did cook that souffle." I answered.

"Your souffle is very extraordinary. It is nothing like I have ever tasted before." He said as he speak more. His eyes light up as he speaks about my souffle, making him more handome, and I feel my heart swell with pride.

"I... Thank you so much." I said as I feel blushed built up in my face.

"This recipe was invented when I fell in love with my boyfriend. Later, it became the specialty of our restaurant." I said to him.

"Talking about recipes, that is why I called you here. I want you to sell me this recipe." He said to me.

"I'm sorry, but–" I said with a trace of shock in my face.