CHAPTER TWO

"Very well, Souffle, I knew you would come back." Andrew said to me.

Damn that arrogant smirk on his face! To be real, I wouldn't have come back if it weren't for my... err, situation.

"You guessed right, Mr. Jackson." I said with a fake smile on my face.

"I always do. By the way,  never call me Mr. Jackson again. I go by Andrew. Or you want to be all professional, you can call me, sir." He said.

Why do I feel like what he just said wasn't professional at all?

"Sure, I'll keep that in mind... Sir."

That's very, very unprofessional, Amelia.

I see him amusingly cock his eyebrow as he holds out his hand for me to shake it.

"You didn't have to go out and check my liability, you know? I never lie." He said with a smile.

"I did not—" I didn't finish my sentence as Andrew cut me off.

"I meant it when I said I would offer you more than any of these restaurants would. " Andrew said to me.

"I... never doubted that. It's just—" I wasn't able to finish my sentence as Andrew cut me off again.

"I don't care." He shortly said.

He doesn't even let me complete a sentence!

"I have high expectations of you, Souffle. I hope you won't mess it up." Andrew said to me.

I hope so too. This job is very important to save Dad and my future career.

"I... aim to please. I'm confident about my cooking skills." I said to him.

"Good, I didn't expect anything less from you, Souffle. John, get Ms. Amelia's bags into the trunk." He said to me before he ordered his driver to get my luggage.

Ah, so The Gourmet knows my name.

"Yes, sir." The driver replied to Andrew.

I guess working for him won't be so bad after all.

*****

The car ride was over in a blink, and soon, I'm in Andrew Jackson's living room.

It was surprisingly cozy and well maintained, which I didn't expect from The Gourmet, who's rumored to be hard-headed and cold-hearted.

"Good evening, Andrew."

A butler greets Andrew as he enters the living room. He looks quite surprised seeing me at the door with Andrew.

"Good evening, Bentley. Had you dinner?" Andrew greeted back as he asked the butler.

"I did, thank you. If I may ask, who's the lady?" The butler asked at Andrew.

"Ah, she's the new chef. I suppose I can leave her in your hands to help her get settled?" Andrew said to the butler.

"Of course." The butler said with a smile.

"She starts work tomorrow morning. I need my breakfast to be perfect." Andrew said to the butler.

Seeing Bentley nod, Andrew disappears along the stairs, probably going to his room.

"Welcome, Miss..."

"You can call me, Amelia." I said to him with a smile.

"Sure, Amelia, I'm Bentley. It's nice to meet you." Bentley said to me introducing himself to me.

"Nice to meet you too." I said to Bentley.

"Let's get you settled then, shall we? I'll bring your bags and lead you to your room." Bentley said to me.