CHAPTER FIVE

After Bentley caught me and Andrew in a very... compromising position earlier-- I find my way to the kitchen while Andrew and Bentley go to the entrance to welcome the guests.

I don't even know what came over me to blatantly ask my boss to kiss me! I blame it all on the alcohol. Yes, it's the alcohol. Who am I kidding? I still can't stop thinking about his lips on mine. If only Bentley was a few seconds late...

"You need any help, Amelia? I know this is your first time cooking for guests here, so let me know if anything gets difficult." Bentley said to me.

"Sure, of course. Umm... Bentley, about what happened earlier. It's not what it--" I was about to explain to Bentley of what happened about earlier but he cut me off.

"Hey, there's no need to explain anything to me. You two are single, consenting adults. You are free to do whatever you like." Bentley said to me with a smile.

"No! It's nothing like that! Andrew was just helping me find aspirin!" I said to Bentley saying he misunderstood the situation.

He chuckled for a bit. "Okay... Is everything alright now? Did you take it?" 

My eyes widen of what he asked to me. "Take what?" I asked to him.

"The aspirin." Bentley shortly said.

"Oh, yes." Amelia, you are making this tough for yourself.

"Good. I'll just be outside setting the tables. Amelia, can I offer you a piece of advice?" Bentley said to me making me curious of what he is about to say.

I wonder what, if this is about earlier, I'm going to be embarrassed. I hope he doesn't ask me to stay away from Andrew or something like that...

"Umm... sure, I guess." I said to Bentley.

"Life is too short to dwell on the past. This is something I always tell Andrew. And he follows it well, not always, maybe. I understand somethings are difficult to overcome than others. But you should be ready to welcome new feelings with an open heart when you know the past ones will never come back." Andrew said to me.

I nodded at him and smiles. "I understand."

Bentley gives me a sweet smile and start taking the cutlery from the cupboards.

That was very thoughtful of him.

"Bentley... Thank you. I'll definitely keep that in mind." I said to him.

"Not a problem, Amelia." 

I nod at Bentley and follow him out into the dining hall, pushing a food trolley.

Time to impress those guests. 

*****

Entering the dining room, I see four people sitting at the dining table with Andrew.

It's my first time cooking for Andrew's guests. I hope they like the dishes I've made.

"Would you like to serve them?" Bentley asked to me. "If it's too much, you can rest up in your room. Yesterday might have been rough on you." Bentley added.

"As much as my lazy ass wants to rest up, I don't want Andrew to think I'm slacking." I said to Bentley.

Yes, I need to show him I can be professional when the situation demands it, despite our... encounters. 

"You're right, and a tip, all these people are involved in various food businesses, some even famous worldwide. They are Matias, Rhett and Sergio. So this would be a great opportunity to steal their hearts and guts with your delectable dishes." Bentley said to me.