CHAPTER FOUR

"Bitch, is he coming here?" I hear Emily asked to me in a shock tone.

Right, Emily gets foul-mouthed when she's drunk. And I... I've never been that drunk to find out. But never say never, right?

"Boy, someone's getting laid tonight." I heard Emily said.

"We all know that's you. Look, someone's flirting with Dean on the dance floor." I said to Emily as I look at the dance floor removing my sight at the VIP lounge for a while.

"WHAT?!" Emily turns around, glaring at the riveting brunette and an uncomfortable-looking Dean.

"Someone's about to get these hands. See you later, bestie!" Emily said to me as she hops towards the dance floor, and at the same time, Andrew exits the VIP lounge.

With a drink in my hand, my eyes meet his, and he signals to me that he wants to come over.

Wow, I'm surprised he wants to talk to me in public. 

I give him an award-winning smile and nod, suggesting he can come over. 

He responds with an even brighter smile making me giddy with excitement.

Or that might just be the alcohol.

He continues looking my way, waiting for me to make the next move.

Here goes nothing.

Conscious, I adjust my dress and set my hair right only to find some woman randomly start a conversation with him.

This. Is. Not. Happening! Wasn't he just coming over?

The woman animatedly describes something out of the blue and gets handsy with Andrew.

I feel a tingly unpleasant sensation take over my brain as she grazes her fingers up Andrew's arm.

Why do I feel like throwing some hands?

Soon, the lady bends over the bar table, talking to the bartender, asking for a fill, and Andrew mouths something to me from the side.

"Help me, please." His eyes are wide, signaling between himself and the lady, which brings a smile to my face.

Does he want me to interrupt him and the woman? Well, he does look evidently unpleasant in her company with a scowl on his face. Looks like he's the damsel in distress tonight. I guess I could pretend to be his girlfriend and save him from that woman.

I gulp down the remainder of my drink in one go, and get ready to approach him.

Your knight in invisible armor is here to save you, sir.

I confidently approach the pair sitting at the bar and place my hand on Andrew's shoulder from behind. As Andrew gives me a smile I squeeze his shoulder, hoping he'll play along.

"Excuse me? Can't you see we a trying to have a conversation here?" The woman madly said to me.

I look at her. "And who might you be? Trying to have a conversation with my boyfriend?" I said to her

I feel Andrew's body become stiff from under my hand. I bend down to his ear and whisper to him as he covers his surprise with a cough.

"Please play along, don't blow my cover." I said to his ear in a whisper.

"Right, darling, where did you disappear to? I couldn't find you on the dance floor." Andrew said to me.

"I wanted to get a drink. I'm planning to get risky tonight, darling." I said to him with a smile.