CHAPTER NINE

Being here makes Lucas and Jessica's wedding so much real, but I'm surprised this isn't bothering me. And the only person I can thank for that is Andrew.

"Hey, Amelia, you're here!" Emily happily greeted me. 

"Don't tell me you thought I was backing off."

"Of course not! I know my best friend doesn't back out on her words. But with that fire incident at Andrew's home, I wasn't sure." Emily said to me.

"Don't make me recall that. It was all my fault. Falling asleep while cooking is a rookie mistake. The linen curtains around the kitchen didn't help, either. But all is good now." I said to her, feeling guilty about myself of what happen.

"Tell me at least the nap was worth it."

That dream with naked Andrew on top of me? Totally worth it.

As if on cue, a hand slides behind my waist. I could feel the hot breath on my neck, making me shiver.

"She was just telling you about the fire accident, wasn't she, Emily?" Andrew asked to Emily.

"How do you know that?" I asked to him in shock.

"Because, Soufflé, that is all you've been talking about for the last couple of days. And, sweetheart, I told you it isn't your fault." Andrew said to me as he drops a tender kiss on the top of my head as I blush into a tomato at the sweet gesture.

I feel all the guests' eyes on me and look up at Andrew to see his lips turned up into a smirk.

"You enjoy all this attention, don't you?" I asked to him in a playful tone.

"I kind of enjoy everything when I'm with you" Andrew said to me.

Only Andrew can make that sound not cheesy... In fact, I feel like my heart just skipped a beat.

"Well... I must be a good company then." I said to him.

"Oh, Souffle. Trust me, you are. Time flies when I'm with you."

My cheeks heat up, and Andrew throws a sly wink chuckling at my reaction.

"Dean just texted me that he's here. I'll go and bring him in. I assume Amelia is in safe hands?" Emily said to us.

"Go, I'm not a kid. I won't get lost. And Andrew's with me too." I said to Emily.

Emily leaves us both in our own little romantic bubble.

"By the way, I got you something."

"You got me something?" I asked to Andrew.

"Yeah, I know you aren't really enthusiastic about this wedding, but I thought you'd want to dress up." Andrew said to me as he gives me a gift-wrapped box which reveals a fabulous dress that would be perfect for the wedding.

"Oh God, Andrew, thank you, this dress is gorgeous." I said in amusement.

"I'd love to see you try it on. I bet you'd look heavenly." Andrew said to me with a smile in his face.

"Oh, you'd say that, you flirt." I said with a smirk.

But he's right though, this is the prettiest dress I've ever seen.

"The changing room is to your right. I'll be waiting for you just outside." Andrew said to me.

"Oh, you're prepared for this." 

He nodded a little. "Anything for my little chef."

I giggled a little. "Wait for me, handsome. I'll be out in a minute." I said to Andrew.