CHAPTER THIRTEEN

People always say 'fight for love', but nobody tells you how to fight against it.

Still in Emily's house, I'm mourning my broken heart. 

Andrew's revelation to his father, after he had just made me feel like the most special person on earth, broke me to my core.

Though we didn't have a happy ending. I'll never regret the time we spent together. And I don't think I can ever fall for another man the way I fell for Andrew, utterly and hopelessly in love.

The ringing of the doorbell gets me out of my thought and I head for the door.

"Huh, what a life." I mumbled at myself.

Unlocking the door, I find a covered package at my foot. "To Amelia?" I said as I read the left note.

I didn't order anything. What is this? Well, maybe Emily ordered something. Better take this in.

Upon entering the guests room with the package, I find my phone lighting up with a text.

I tear off the brown package and eye the colorful magazine within. Inside The Chef's Hat. My phone pings with another text and I open it.

[Did you get the package? Open it already!] I read the message that Emily sent. 

Food magazine?

Emily sent another message to me and I read it. [Bitch, your favorite food magazine! I thought you'd bored staying alone at the house, you might as well read and catch up on the kitchen gossip.]

I smiled as I replied to Emily back. [Thank you, now I can spend the afternoon doing something other than sulking.] I said in the message as I sent it Emily as Emily message me again.

[It'll be okay, Amelia.] 

Sighing, I drop my phone on the bedside table. taking the magazine, I plop down on the bed ready to dive in. 

My eyes immediately find my favorite topic on the index, and seconds later, I am on the page of food reviews.

"The Carper, chocolate cake, and a pinch of love." I said as I read the article.

What the hell? He's everywhere!

My mind rewinds to the day where Andrew jokingly told me that he was a fan of the Carper. And later, Bentley revealed that Andrew himself is the Carper. These memories crush my poor heart even more.

It's like the world always tries to prolong my misery.

Frustrated, I decide to turn the page but the words 'birthday' and 'chocolate cake' stop me.

This... Is this about the chocolate cake I made? The one I made on his birthday?

My control snaps and the urge to read the review increases. After all, the Carper was always my favorite.

And no sane chef would ever miss teasing a review of their own handmade food from their favorite critic.

I read the review once, twice, thrice... but one specific line never leaves my mind.

"'The Carper said that he has tasted chocolate cakes from thousands of chefs, but this one, this was special, he said. He said I quote-- It's never about the recipe, ingredient, or chef, but love. Has our favorite critic fallen in love? If so, which group of hotels do you think this gorgeous lady or gentle belong to?'" I said as I read the magazine. I close the magazine with a defeated groan.

"Love, love, love! This word has been messing up my head since Bentley mentioned it!" I said to my myself as I said it out of anger.

I feel like I'm going crazy--