Prologue

Kitsune. A myth, used to sway choices between life and death. Full-blooded kitsune are far more powerful and collected than military units created. Kitsune have the option to change shape, among many other powers. A few of the basic powers are as listed by their rarity and power:

Control of lightning

Portal creation

Telepathy

Shade

Flight

Pyrokinetic

Hydrokinetic

Geokinesis

Heat vision

They used to be all over the place, keeping the world safe. They bowed to one queen and one king. The world was at peace. And then, it all shattered. The queen fell ill and passed away. The king became dictatorial, controlling the movements of every single subject in his kingdom. They became assassins - instead of keeping the peace, they waged war. A hundred years passed, the kitsune becoming a tight-knit group of killers in the shadows. One person realized something was wrong. The king was a traitor - it was clear after the eldest princess disappeared without trace. The simple warrior convinced the assassins that the king was false, that he was involved in the queen's death. All the kitsune united to fight off the traitors - but they fell. See, royalty had the ability to strip others of their powers, for a temporary amount of time. One warrior, who was not kitsune, rose up and defeated them. Nobody knows how. When the king died, power returned to the remaining kitsune. The warrior who defeated the king and prince was gifted with magic, and became kitsune.

There was a prince and princess remaining - Amir and Amiera. Both vanished without a trace as well, assumed to be dead years later.

Kitsune bowed only to royalty. It was a big deal if they bowed to someone other than a queen or king - it was offering their undying loyalty and shared power to the person they bowed to. The kitsune, once a united kind, fell, scattering and disappearing into the world. The princess, later to be beaten in spar by one of her own and named another queen. This new queen had dual queenship, with Maize dragons and Kitsune.