Chapter 9

Theeta landed lightly, making sure Henry and Lilian were safe before setting her clawed paws down. "Silly girl.. Getting involved with a mortal." Theeta sniffed, walking a few steps away before turning and facing them. Lilian was still out, and so was Henry. "What do we have going on.." She talked to herself, diving into Lilian and Henry's memories. Theeta finished viewing their memories and sighed. "So he isn't a mortal? Great. Now she can swoon over him for a couple centuries." Theeta wasn't very sympathetic right now. Henry stirred. Theeta immediately took off, not wanting to be seen. That could create trouble for her.

"Wh..?" Henry sat up, rubbing the back of his head with a wince. He glanced around, at a completely different place than where he was an hour ago. He noticed Lilian and stumbled over to her. "Wake up." He mumbled, shaking her shoulders. Lilian woke up quickly. She blinked rapidly for half a second, looking at Henry.

"This is a new place." She observed dryly, standing. She waved her hand at Henry, healing him immediately. He noticed she didn't heal herself. He resolved to heal her later.

"Did you bring us here?" Henry asked, standing as well. The pain faded. "Thanks."

"No, I didn't." Lilian's answer baffled Henry.

"Then-"

"I don't know. Let's worry about it later." She ran a hand through her tangled hair, pursing her lips tightly. Thank you, Theeta. I miss you...

Two Months Later..

Lilian bolted through the streets, laughing to herself. She leapt up the side of the building, using the leverage to twist gracefully in the air. A rope came out of her bracelet as she raised her arm. The latch grabbed onto a pole. She used it to turn the corner sharply. The rope snaked back to her wrist. She landed, knees buckling immediately. Lilian rolled gracefully, getting to her feet quickly and sprinting again. A quick movement in front of her warned her of his presence. Suddenly she was weightless, for a mere moment before her back was pushed against the wall with surprising gentleness. She was held a few inches off the ground.

"You're getting faster!" She gasped, laughing.

"Or you're getting slower." Henry teased, out of breath. He kissed her lightly and then set her down. "You almost lost me there, I'll admit."

Lilian looked up at him. "That was the goal." She smiled. "You did well though. Good job." Henry smirked, sliding his hand around her waist. She leaned close to him, tipping her head to rest on his arm.

Lilian used a lot of magic to take Blitzkrieg back. She was still feeling drained. Henry made her feel better, and she'd been spending a lot of time with him. In fact, Henry had proposed to her. Naturally, Lilian said yes. It'd been a week since that moment. Henry had used quite a bit of magic to get people to talk, including Lilian. Theeta had aided her queen more than Lilian could thank her for, though Henry was oblivious to her presence.

Henry walked with her to his house. They'd been living there after quitting Blitzkrieg. They became police officers in Ferndale, Washington. It was a step down from their roles in New York, but they enjoyed the work.

Lilian separated herself from Henry and laid down on his couch, tired. Henry picked her up, surprising her. Henry lay down, releasing Lilian on top of him. Her hair ticked his neck. She wriggled around in his arms. When she was facing him, she wrapped her arms around his chest, using him as a pillow. Henry stroked her hair. It always helped her fall asleep. As the night before, Lilian fell asleep quickly. And, like last night, he slowly eased his way to his feet, carrying her close to his chest. He walked away from the living room and opened his room door. He slowly shut it, so as not to make noise enough to wake her. He carefully put her down on his bed, pulling the covers over her. He walked around and climbed in bed with her. He shifted close to her, sliding his hand under her ribs. He put his other arm next to her face, covering her mouth. Henry kept his body pressed against her. Soon he fell asleep.