Chapter 7

Lilian had been cleared for missions by Jack the next day. Immediately, Henry and Lilian were thrown into their next mission in Iowa. They set off immediately. The mission was to stop a group from robbing a bank. The pattern was consistent enough to trace. Five people came in at separate times and hung around. When the time was right, three people broke in from the roof and guns were pulled out. The robbing was efficient and they had yet to be identified.

Henry walked into their hotel room with Lilian late at night. She set her stuff down. Henry set his bag down by Lilian's and followed her quietly. "Are we...?" She turned, stumbling back. Henry was right in front of her. He cut her off, leaning down and kissing her. Lilian's eyes closed, her hand sliding up to his neck. Henry gently tugged the hair tie out of her hair.

He bit gently on her lip before pulling back. "Are we what?" He teased. Lilian's eyes flickered open. He kept one hand hooked around her waist.

"I... forgot." She admitted sheepishly, her gaze dropping. With his free hand, Henry tipped her chin up, kissing her again.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you." He reminded her quietly, face mere centimeters away from her. "Can you try to remember?" He wasn't making it easy for her. Henry tilted his head, biting gently on her neck.

"Sorry." She mumbled. Lilian turned her head slightly, trying her hardest to focus. Being this close blew fog over her mind, making it nearly impossible to form decisive thoughts. Her hands were trembling, mustering the self-control to push him away. "G.. give m- me a s- second." She stammered, stepping away. Henry smirked, knowing what he was doing. Henry wanted time alone with her, and with Lilian being work-focused, it was difficult to get her to stop and take a breath. Lilian twisted out of his hold and walked away, trying to remember what she had been going to say. Henry sat down on the bed he'd spontaneously claimed as his own and watched her pace for several minutes. "Right!" She pivoted on her heel and faced him, several feet away. "Are we going to..." She trailed off. Henry was staring at her with a new look in his eyes. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Henry smiled, leaning forward. "Because you're beautiful."

Henry got the reward of seeing her blush. Lilian turned away quickly and looked out the window. "Uh- are we.. are we going to, uhm, check out the banks tomorrow..?"

"We could. There's no rush - the pattern says they'll rob a bank in a few days." Henry stood and walked towards her, standing behind her. He wrapped his arms around her waist, leaning against her gently. "There's a few days to ourselves.." He whispered in her ear. Lilian felt a shiver run up her spine. She stood firmly, allowing Henry to lean on her.

"We have to work." Lilian wasn't exactly eager about that, and he could tell. Spending a few days with Henry sounded like it would be much more fun. "I'll just get beat up again or something." She joked. "Then we'll get some time off."

Henry tilted his head and bit her ear gently, causing her to gasp quietly. "No getting hurt again, darling." His voice was soft, giving Lilian goosebumps. "Not if I have anything to say about it." He tightened his hold on her stomach, pulling her back towards him. He shifted his weight to stand more firmly.

The familiar fog came back, making it hard to think coherently. Henry kissed her cheek. Lilian tilted her head up, giving Henry more access; the movement almost involuntarily. He took the opportunity, biting gently on her sensitive skin on her neck. Her breathing was shaky, leaning back against him. Henry brought his hand up, forcing her to turn her head towards him. Lilian's eyes closed, turning to face him. She wasn't thinking about stopping him, not when she was so relaxed and comfortable. He knew what he was doing, what he was able to, and was using it against her. He kept one hand on her waist, his other hand sliding around her neck. He pulled her backwards towards the bed closest to them. He laid down, dragging her with him. Henry flipped their positions so he was on top, pinning her down. Lilian tugged on his grip gently, trying to free herself.