Chapter 5

Gavin lay in bed half asleep when Zeke slid in behind him. The older man slid his arms under Gavin's and pulled him close. He kissed the back of his neck and nuzzled his face into his skin.

"You didn't come say good night like you usually do," he muttered.

Gavin sighed and turned his head slightly. "I'm sorry. I was working on something and forgot. I showered and just crawled in bed." He yawned deeply then rubbed Zeke's arms. "Did you get your work finished?"

Zeke hummed as he rested his cheek on his shoulder. "I have to get two papers signed for the deal to go through, but it can wait until Monday. They just won't get their money until it is signed."

Gavin turned over and pressed his face into Zeke's chest. "You're a cruel man sometimes."

The older man rubbed his back. His hand trailed up to Gavin's hair, and he ran his fingers through his curls. "I like it. It really suits you."

The younger man smiled into the older man's skin. His fingers made gentle circles in his back as he settled back into a comfortable space. He liked these moments the best. He had been unsure on how sleeping with someone would be like, but when he was in a cuddly mood, Zeke was a good lover. He was gentle and easy to get along with in those moments.

Actually, when he had first moved in, his stuff had been put in a separate room. Zeke hadn't wanted to scare him any more than he already was so he had made sure he had his own space. But over time as they'd gotten to know each other, they were spending more time in Zeke's room. After the first night they'd slept together, Zeke had refused to let him leave. The next day his stuff had been moved into Zeke's room and he had never left.

"How did your doctor's appointment go?" Zeke asked.

"Anderson said you're a lunatic," Gavin replied. Zeke's laugh was low in his chest, a light rumble that shook Gavin's cheek. "He gave me a clean bill of health. He was concerned over a couple of bruises on my legs, but he said to keep an eye on them. If they don't heal correctly, I'll call him and we'll do more tests."

"Are you concerned about them?"

Gavin shook his head. "No. Sometimes you leave bruises but they aren't too bad. At least I don't think they are."

"Do you have your results from your bloodwork?"

"Not yet. Since Grandma has diabetes, it takes a while for it to come back. They want to rule out any signs from that or anything else. I think I'll hear back sometime next week."

Gavin leaned back and looked into Zeke's face. His blue-green eyes opened, and he looked back at him. Gavin smiled at him and put his head on the pillow. Zeke kissed his nose and settled back on his own.

"What is it?" the older man asked.

"Did you make a reservation for next weekend or do I need to?" the younger asked.

"I got a reservation at Chef Donovan's restaurant. He said to send your dietary restrictions to him ahead of time, and he would make dinner your grandparents would never forget." Zeke tucked his hand under his pillow and looked at Gavin. "What else?"

Gavin smiled. "Do you have any other plans for my birthday? Is dinner the only thing you have planned?" Zeke's mouth tightened into a thin line. "I was wondering if I can invite my friends over for dinner as well. I haven't seen them out of school in a while, and they're wondering when we can hang out next."

"Which ones?" His wheels were turning. Gavin could see it in his eyes even in the dim light of the room. "Davis and Emily?"

"Mmhmm, and a couple of others. Jetson James and Katie Roberts."