Chapter 21 (18+)

Zeke trailed his fingers over Gavin's bare back languidly. After a long day of meeting with people he hadn't seen in a while, the younger man was exhausted.

Olivia had begged them to stay at the house with them, but Gavin declined. He didn't want to bring any further turmoil to his mother. Raoul had only one place to go, and it was back to that house. He didn't think his grandfather would want to see him. It was easier than starting another argument.

Zeke had already made a reservation at the hotel. When they'd gotten in, Gavin had taken a shower while Zeke had ordered food. Zeke had gotten in the shower and when he came out, room service was in the room. Gavin had been sipping the potato soup slowly. His nerves had made his already queasy stomach overactive so he hadn't eaten anything after the meeting.

They'd watched TV for a bit. There was a Christmas parade coming up, but they wouldn't be in town for it. Gavin had slung a leg over his as he'd snuggled close. Zeke had been getting ready to change the station when the younger man got up and stripped out of his clothes. He'd watched amused at his antics. He was so used to sleeping either naked or half naked he couldn't stand it.

With his warm skin pressed into his, Zeke couldn't help himself. He had to touch the younger man. They hadn't been super intimate in weeks so this was his best chance to touch him. His body wanted him, but he knew better than to take advantage of him. Gavin would have to initiate for him to do anything.

Gavin sighed and adjusted his head. His hand draped across his chest, middle finger flicking at his already pronounced nipple. Zeke flinched every other touch until a small grunt escaped him. He grabbed Gavin's hand to still it. He sighed when his body started to settle.

"What?" Gavin asked.

Zeke turned his head as he shook it. "Nothing. You were just riling me up and I had to stop it before I did something drastic."

Gavin laughed, a warm puff of air against Zeke's skin. "Thank you."

The older man brushed his lips against the younger's forehead. "For what?"

"For backing me today. I was a nervous wreck. I didn't think we could do it." He kissed the fold of Zeke's arm. "I may have just alienated myself even more."

"If your family doesn't want you after this, you are always welcome to stay with me. Unless you want to leave, my home is your home."

Gavin lifted up. Zeke watched his brown eyes in the dimly lit room. He could barely make them out, but he knew they were searching his face. He lifted his hand and trailed his fingers over his brow bone and temple until his fingers skimmed over the back of his ear. A small shudder went through him, but he held himself up.

Zeke's eyes closed as Gavin kissed his forehead. He let his lips linger before he pressed their foreheads together. All Zeke had to do was tilt his head and he could capture Gavin's lips. But he waited. He wanted Gavin to initiate it. He didn't want to be the only one who started their intimate moments.

"Zeke?" he whispered.

"Hmm?" the older man mumbled.

"Why haven't you touched me?" Zeke looked up as Gavin lifted his head. "Up until recently, you did whatever you wanted. As long as I was feeling well, you had your way." He took a deep, shaky breath. "Are you already tired of me?"

"No, my dear. I just didn't want to overtax your body. You busted your head open." He ran his fingers over the slowly healing wound. "And you just recently had another round of chemo. You've been through enough, and I didn't want to make it worse."

Gavin's mouth worked. Zeke watched it, wondering what he was thinking. Sometimes he could figure it out, but when he wanted to hide something, his expression completely closed off.