Chapter 3: Target

George POV.

My head throbbed with pain when I came too, being accompanied by a loud groan as well. I tried not to panic when I felt a tight rope wound around my wrists, and around my ankles, and around my waist, constricting my breathing slightly.

For a while I was sitting in silence. Something was covering my face so I couldn’t see anything and I could only worry about where I was and what was going on. My entire body was aching and covered in sweat, making me feel disgusting, but obviously that is not the most important thing right now.

Since I couldn’t see anyone, and I couldn’t move either, hearing was my only option. The room, wherever I was, was too silent. There wasn’t any way for me to tell where exactly I was since the only thing I heard was my rapid, uncontrolled breathing.

Part of me considered calling out for help, begging anyone who could hear me to come and get me out of here. However I knew that wasn’t smart. I might not have been the biggest fan of crime shows, but I knew that screaming out for help when I knew nothing about where I was or who had taken me.

So for now, I would just listen. Wait patiently and listen. I’ve had a decent patience my whole life, and until something happens that means I can get out of here, I will just use my patience. I mean, I have been planning to come back to L’manburg for the better half of a decade (if I was still in L’manburg) so I could think about what I was planning on doing.

Dream POV.

My eyes focused on the small locket. The gift that has been one of the most sacred possessions for years. It was a graduation gift, at least that is what I considered it as, afterall I had been given it on the day that I had graduated. The person who had given it to me was one of the closest people to me as well.

For a moment I admired the pictures inside of it. A photo of a teenage me along with my teenage love, George. He and I had been dating for years and friends for longer, but on the last day of school he suddenly had to move. It was terrible how things had ended between us.

George had told me that he only wanted to break up with me because long distance relationships wouldn’t work, which I guess does make sense. However, he was eighteen. Surely he should be able to decide to stay here without his parents. With me.

I would have done anything to have the brunette stay with me. It wasn’t that simple though, after all my parents also wanted me to stay away from him. It was too important for me to stay focused on my work, and not on my love life. At least that is what they wanted back when they were in charge, and it’s been several years since that was the case.

My eyes trailed over the photo of the brunette, taking note of every detail on his face that I’d memorised over the years of us knowing each other. I have on several occasions considered flying to the UK to visit him. See how he was doing, if he wanted to go get a coffee or something, or see a movie.

But George had made it difficult for me to do that, since he decided to block the number of me and all of his friends when he moved. Even though I did have the resources to follow him almost anywhere he went I decided I couldn’t do that. How would George have felt if and when he found out that I was a mafia boss?

There was a simple answer to that question. George would probably hate me, he’d never want to talk to me again. And that was the reason I realised after years of longing that my parents were correct. My love life would never work, so I may as well not bother trying with it, saves me the pain and drama at the very least.

I snapped the locket shut before shoving it in my pocket, wanting to forget about George again, but he was like a drug. Even though I haven’t seen him in years he was always somehow on my mind. Like a drug, even years without taking the thrill of being high off of it was more than enough to make me want to go crawling back to the source.

A knock on the door caused me to glare over in that direction, before seeing Sapnap standing there watching me. “You do realise you are meant to knock and wait for me to tell you to come in, right?” I questioned, crossing my arms as I examined him from under my mask. Although that was the first thing I said, I was grateful for any form of distraction.

“Sam called,” he answered while avoiding eye contact. It seemed that the ravenette had felt bad about the fact I told him off. “He told me that he has the target. They are downstairs right now. I think he also said something about having the guys stuff and was wondering what you wanted to do with that.”

“Thank Sam for his work.” I answered, standing up and brushing off my suit while smirking at him. “I will be going to see the target, and knowing how these interactions usually go they probably won’t be needing their stuff afterwards. Have Karl go through it and see if there is anything worthwhile we can sell.”

“Sure.” Sapnap answered with a shrug. He pulled his phone from his pocket, but paused to ask me something. “Wait, are you going to be dealing with this on your own?”
“Why not.” I responded. “I have nothing better to do.”

There was a nod of confirmation before the ravenette walked out, shutting the door behind him as he left. For a moment I sighed, my hand subconsciously shifting to my pocket to clasp the locket again. I used to wear it under my clothes but now I carry it on me, in a pocket or another safe place as a form of comfort.

Then I went to the door, it was quiet today and nobody was around. No distractions would be a good thing though, it meant I could have more uninterrupted fun dealing with whoever it was that dared to return to the country after owing money to me.

I stepped into the elevator, heading down to the basement. As I did, I messaged Sam to check he was down there, which he was. In fact, he was waiting for me as the doors opened with a light ‘ding’. “Sam. I assume they are here?” I asked with a smirk after he had greeted me.

“Of course,” Sam answered, motioning over to the middle of the room behind him. My grin widened as I looked past him. I did in fact see the target tied up, a bag over their head to make sure they couldn’t see anything we didn’t want them to see.
“Good job,” I complimented, and Sam didn’t react at all to what I said as he stood to the side.

At the sound of my voice I could see the person tense up, which made my smile widen as I excused Sam to leave. “But sir,” he began, “don’t you want to know about him first? I brought you their file, all the information and money his family owes.”
“No need.” I brushed him off. “You are excused to leave Sam.”

Sam nodded and stepped into the elevator, pressing the button to send him up to another floor. As I turned my attention away from my man and towards the boy I noticed how he continued to tense up as I continued to move closer.

Once my hand gripped his shoulder tightly, they yelped loudly before beginning to shake nervously. “Now now,” I said with a smirk. “Don’t need to freak out before the fun has even started.” I grabbed the bag which was over his head and pulled it off. Then I froze once his eyes looked cautiously up at me.
_________________________________________
1405 words

That's all for the story today. What do you guys think?