Chapter 49: Boyfriend Talk

Alternate title: Bottom talk.
_________________________________________
George POV.

A flustered look was plain on my face as I walked over to Karl, with Clay having already disappeared into the crowd somewhere behind me. After being able to see him again after all of these years I could feel my heart warming in my chest, happy at the thought of being with him again.

It was kinda sad that I had to see him go so soon, I didn’t even ask for his phone number or anything. I mean, I did have a phone stashed in my bedroom, and although the pair of officers had told me several times over both calls and texts not to download any apps or message anyone other than the two of them, I felt like they’d have let me message the blond.

Karl was smirking when I reached him, and I didn’t bother to react to the look, feeling too upset about the fact that it could be months before I got to see Clay again. Although it seemed that the taller brunette either didn’t notice or didn’t care about how upset I was as he smiled at me.

“Before we go home do you want to go get an ice cream or something? I know this shop a couple of streets away.” He asked. He was still holding several bags each with different logos in his hands, and me still clutching the toy cat and the remaining candy close to my chest, both of which were reminders of the fact Clay had been here minutes ago.

“Sorry Karl,” I responded half-heartedly. “I had an ice cream earlier with Clay, I don’t want to spoil myself and gain weight.” Part of me wasn’t even focusing on what he had asked a couple seconds earlier as I just kept thinking about the pleasant memories of Clay’s lips against mine, the tingling sensation running over my own lips making me feel certain it wasn’t a dream.

“That’s fine,” the brunette replied, “you can just sit in the car while I go get my ice cream.” I agreed, solely because I knew that Karl would go get himself an ice cream either way, so it was easier to agree.

Karl seemed to take his time once we’d driven to the shop he wanted to get ice cream from and parked up on the street. Once we headed inside it took him a couple of minutes to look over everything on the menu before finally making his decision, then took a minute to ask if I wanted anything. It honestly felt like he was trying to take as long as possible.

When we had reached the counter he purchased two ice creams with the same flavour, toppings, and sauce, handing one over to me. “I told you I didn’t need an ice cream. I’ll get fat.”
“You look fine George,” Karl reassured. “Better than fine. I would kill to look like you.” He glanced over to me as he thanked the woman behind the counter and paid.

The two of us turned to walk to a table on a patio outside and I quietly murmured, “you do kill people though.” I didn’t mean for it to sound harsh, it was kinda just instinct, but Karl didn’t seem to take offence to that, instead he laughed as we sat down.
“I’m a saint compared to Dream, Sapnap, and some of the other guys.”

Then he leaned closer so that nobody else could hear it. Not that I saw the point, it was the end of October, nobody else was going to an ice cream parlour at this time of year. “I mean honestly, it is a nightmare having to clean their clothes sometimes.”
“Unsurprising, I mean Sapnap seems to look like a guy who’d make a mess in every situation.”

After saying that I noticed Karl blushing as I said that about his boyfriend, and I realised how he had taken what I said which made us both laugh. “Honestly though,” Karl continued. “Dream likes to wear suits with a white shirt underneath. Whenever he kills someone, blood gets on it and it takes forever to clean.”

“Sounds like a nightmare,” I agreed. “Glad that they have currently made me clean almost everything except the blood out of their clothes.”
“Bad and I were sick of it so we’ve started making both of them clean their own blood stained clothes.” Karl chuckled before spooning some ice cream into his mouth.

“But,” he continued on after a minute. “That wasn’t what I brought you here to talk about,” he hummed, causing me to raise an eyebrow at him.
“What are you talking about Karl?” I asked him, examining his face to see if he was going to give me any more information, which he obviously was going to do.

“Well, I needed to talk to you about something, that is why I brought you here. So we could eat ice cream and talk.” He beamed brightly as though it was some ingenious plan, but I didn’t know what the hell he was talking about.
“I thought you brought me here so you could get some ice cream?” I asked, feeling confused.

“Nope.” The brunette hummed. “I brought you here to talk about the boy you met up with at the mall. Clay.” He batted his eyelids flirtatiously. “After seeing you two together it’s obvious that you should end up together.”
His words made me blush. “What do you mean that it’s obvious?”

“The way you were looking at him, the way he was looking back at you, the fact he got you gifts and ice cream, and then you two kissed in the middle of the mall.”  Karl listed off those four reasons before leaning in closer. “How did you feel after seeing him for the first time in seven years? Is he as cute as you remember him?”

Over the past month or so I had gotten used to Karl’s (sometimes) pushy and forward attitude when it came to conversations. Usually I was fine with it, but when it was him asking about my love life, and my ex-boyfriend, I didn't exactly want to give up too much information.

“C’mon,” Karl whined when I said nothing. “You can tell me.” Once again I hesitated. I did want to talk to somebody about Clay. The tingling sensations of where his lips had touched mine faded a while ago, but it still felt like his gentle hands were resting on my waist, and as though I could still see his piercing eyes.

The only issue was that Karl was part of the mafia and if I told anyone there too much they might kidnap Clay and use him for leverage against me, or they might decide to make Clay pay the money I owe which sends him into debt. I’ve had these fears every time that I talked to Karl about one of my old friends, but now that he’s met one of them it feels a thousand times worse.

Although, I did slowly begin explaining to him everything that happened at the mall, because there was a lot that I did want to talk about with someone, and the only two other options were Bad and a pair of police officers. Pink cheeks and an unwavering smile present on my face the entire time and Karl was throwing in comments about our relationship the entire time.

We finished our ice creams and still sat there for another fifteen minutes continuing to chat about me and Clay, and him and Sapnap. Until the worker who served us earlier said that they were closing and we needed to leave.

It honestly felt great to talk to Karl about this, especially when he said that he might be able to organise for me to get in contact with Clay and he also invited me to have a sleepover in his room for the night (he said Sapnap would sleep in his own room and he’d get punished if he didn’t give us time to hang out together).

When we finally returned to the mansion I was beaming, and told Karl that I’d meet him in his room later, but first I wanted to go put my stuff away.
_________________________________________
1388 words