Chapter 48: fountain

Third day of George and Clay being back together and still no make out scene, sex scene, or marriage proposal.

Must mean that DNF is over, and Dreamnap and Karlnotfound are happening instead

🟩+🟧 and 🟦+🟪
Not
🟩+🟦 and 🟧+🟪
_________________________________________
Clay POV.

Even though it had only been an hour, this afternoon had been the best in years. I finally was able to spend time with George without him being worried that I might shoot him, and without me having to watch every single word that I said to make sure I didn’t tip him off about who I really was.

He was holding a toy cat and a couple of chocolate bars which we had purchased using all of the tickets we’d gotten at the arcade. I had won the majority of them, but George still got heaps of points at a lot of them, and he always grinned excitedly when he completely out-did me, making me wheeze at how adorable it was every time.

But eventually it was 2:25, meaning we needed to head to the fountain to meet Karl. I was kind of disappointed that it was ending so soon after it began, but I couldn’t ignore what Karl said because then George might get suspicious.

Once we got to the centre of the mall, there was still a few minutes until the brunette was expected to turn up, and so George and I settled down on a bench to wait. We were just opposite the fountain, with our sides pressed together even though there was plenty of room on either side of us.

I listened quietly to the flow of the water, and the chatter of people heading off to different shops in the early afternoon which were both sad reminders of the afternoons we had spent here when we were kids, but I was broken out of thought by the crackle of a candy wrapper being opened. George had opened a chocolate bar and snapped it in half, offering the bigger portion out to me.

“Thanks,” I muttered quietly to him as I took the chocolate and had a bite. Both of us knew that we would probably not be able to talk to each other for a while, or at least I wouldn’t be able to talk to him like this, but George didn’t know that I knew that, and neither of us wanted to say anything. I let out a light sigh as I finished my half of the chocolate before glancing at him again.

“God, I’ve missed you so much,” I repeated, possibly the fifth time that I had said that phrase in the past hour, although it kept its meaning no matter how often I said that and we both knew it. “I wish that we could have spent longer together.”
“I wish that too, but Karl would want to get home,” George answered quietly.

His expression was downcast and it made me want to just grab him and squeeze him until he was laughing and smiling again, but I couldn’t. Another part of me just wanted to come clean, tell George who I was and then hope that he’d forgive me for what I’d done.

From the corner of my eye I could see Karl, he was standing next to Sapnap and the two of them shared a brief kiss before the ravenette disappeared into a crowd of people. The brunette was carrying three or four different bags as he approached, but George didn’t notice as he was staring at the ground and continuously nibbling slowly at his chocolate.

When Karl got close enough he called out George’s name, getting the Brit’s attention. From beside me, George’s sad expression immediately worsened, knowing that he’d have to leave and probably wouldn’t see me for a while, however he didn’t say anything as he stood up. Karl and I watched quietly as George picked up his things and turned to leave.

“George, wait,” I stopped him, standing up and putting my hand on his shoulder so he couldn’t leave yet. The Brit gave me a confused look before I suddenly pulled him into a tight hug. It felt like I could hear my heart thumping in my head, every second I held him it felt like I would never get the chance to hold him again unless I told him who I was.

My heart swelled up as I eventually felt George hugging me back, having dropped the food and the toy cat on the ground in order to wrap his arms back around me. Neither of us said anything, but it was as if we were sharing every single loving thought with each other.

Eventually we let go of each other and stared longingly into each other’s eyes. He was so beautiful as he gave me a small smile and went to gather up the things that he had dropped. I bent down to help him pick everything up and then passed what I’d grabbed to him. “I’ll see you around George,” I said as he clutched everything in his arms.

I turned to leave, and got called back by George. As I turned around to face him I immediately felt lips pressed against mine. For a moment I hesitated before my arms moved to wrap around him again as we deepened the kiss. My tongue slipped into his mouth and he hummed, his eyes fluttering closed as he allowed himself to be absorbed in the pleasure. My arms pulled him close by his waist, fingers pressing gently into his back.

Both of us were panting slightly when we pulled away from each other. “Sorry,” George muttered, instantly embarrassed. “I should have asked first. You might have had a girlfriend.”
The fact that he thought that made me chuckle. “If the way I kissed you didn’t make it clear Georgie, I’m single. However, I wouldn’t mind changing that.”

I leaned into his lips again and we kissed, not caring about the fact we were in public, and that Karl was standing ten feet away. Eventually though Karl did break it up. “Do you two mind?” He questioned loudly. “I need to get home and put my stuff away.” George pulled away with his cheeks flushed glancing over at the taller brunette.

“Sorry,” he said to Karl, before turning back to me. “I have to go,” he spoke softly. “I hope that I can see you some time.”
“I hope I can see you some time too.” I responded. “And happy birthday for next week, I doubt that I’ll see you before then.”

Without a word after that I turned and left, disappearing into the crowd. I knew that Karl would take George back to the mansion now, and so I rushed to where I had parked my car so that I could beat the pair back, but I had been told by Sapnap that Karl was going to delay George before they headed back.

Sapnap was leaning against the door waiting for me, and smirked when I approached. “How did it go?” He questioned as I unlocked the car and climbed into the driver's seat. “How was George?”
“He’s good,” I answered. “Happier than he is when he talks to either of us at the mansion.”

As I spoke I leaned over to the passenger seat and opened the glove box, pulling out the white smiley-face mask that I had kept in there for whenever I needed a spare. “That’s understandable,” Sapnap nodded. “I mean, we did kidnap him, and between a kidnapper and an old best friend and boyfriend it’s obvious who he’ll get on with.”

I agreed with what he said, turning on the engine and beginning to pull out of the parking lot, avoiding all the other cars on either side of me. “I also can’t help but notice it is 2:45, I thought Karl was meeting up with you both at 2:30.” Sapnap tapped the clock on the dashboard as he said that, motioning at the time.

“Just was busy and took me a while to walk,” I shrugged him off. “Plus, Karl was wanting to talk with us both before I left.” I figured that my best friend wouldn’t realise I was lying, and by the time he did then it would be too late for him to question, unfortunately for me though that wasn’t the case.

“It only took me five minutes to walk from near the fountain to the car, and I stopped to grab a bag of chocolates as I did.” The ravenette hummed, and in an attempt to divert the conversation I just said ‘don’t eat those in here, they’ll make a mess’, but he still continued. “The only thing that would have taken you fifteen minutes was if you were having a goodbye make-out session.”

My face scrunched up as Sapnap completely and utterly exposed me, but he was staring out the window and didn’t see that. I attempted to keep my composure before brushing off what he said. “This is the first time I’ve seen him in seven years, I was not making out with him after one hour.”

“Sure you weren’t,” he gave a coy smile as he said that. For a couple of minutes he didn’t say anything else before muttering, “Karl sent me pictures so I know you are lying.” I didn’t respond as I focused on the road, although I knew that he wouldn’t drop this any time soon.
_________________________________________
1637 words

Okay, so I lied about there being no make out scene, but I am definitely not lying about the smut scene and the marriage proposal.

For now though, it is still boring old DNF and Karlnap.
🟩+🟦
🟧+🟪