Chapter 18: Graduation

BadBoyHalo POV.

“Don’t worry, I know what to talk about that will distract him for hours.” I told Karl who was nervous about the idea of going behind Dream’s back to take food to George. While he seemed cautious, Karl did give a nod of agreement as he helped me get some food for the Brit to eat.

According to the other brunette Dream had flipped the muffin out when he found out George had attempted to run away at the mall. And he had actually succeeded, managing to get away from both Karl and Sapnap, however before George could get too much further than that Dream showed up and George was pretty much just handed back over to him.

Once we’d grabbed as much food for George as we could manage, the two of us headed upstairs, with Karl occasionally asking me what I was going to say to Dream to distract him, however I didn’t tell him anything. After all, I wasn’t planning on talking to the blond mafia boss, I was planning on scolding him for treating George like this.

The brunette carrying the food stopped in front of the door which I assumed was George’s, sending me a cautious glance as I continued to where Dream’s office was, which was conveniently right beside George’s bedroom. He muttered good luck as I opened the door, not even knocking since that muffinhead didn’t deserve it after how he treated George.

“Why did you lock George in his room without food?” I questioned, watching as he gave me a confused look since he had been sitting at his desk with his mask off.
“Bad…” He was clearly surprised about the fact that I had barged in unannounced, since I had never done that before.

“Answer my question!” I demanded, watching as he stood up and raised his hands defensively as he met my cold glare.
The blond sighed as he tried to justify himself. “He ran off. He needs to know that isn’t okay.”

“Why are you treating him like he is an animal?” I questioned. “George is your boyfriend and I know that you still love him. Why would you keep him locked up if you care about him?”
“He is my ex-boyfriend Bad.” Dream responded. “Plus, how I am acting is none of your concern. I am in charge and what I say goes.”

“You gave him a panic attack!” I began to yell at the blond. “You know how terrible they get and you just left him freaking out in his bedroom!”
“What the hell?” He responded. “Are you talking with Sapnap because he complained about the exact same thing!”

I resisted the urge to yell at him for language since there were other things that I had to scold him about and I didn’t want to get off track. “Do you still love him?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at the blond as I did.
“You already asked me this. Of course I do.” He stated, slumping back in his chair as he did.

“Then why do you lock him up? Why leave him when he was vulnerable and starving and having a panic attack if you love him? Don’t go talking about how you care for him and love him if you left him like that!” He looked ashamed in himself, however he didn’t sound ashamed as he responded to me.

“Bad, you know that if I go to comfort him during his panic attack that I-” I knew what he was going to say and I cut him off before he could finish.
“Why does it matter if he realises who you are?” I asked. “He’d be able to be with you again! It is better than having him work as a servant because you are too scared to show who you are.”

I didn’t listen to anything else that he had to say because I knew that it would just be the same thing over and over again. He’d just keep repeating that ‘I can’t let him know who I am because he’d hate me’, and all those other pathetic excuses that muffinhead uses. So I walked out and shut the door behind me, wondering what exactly happened over the years.