Chapter 11: Clothes

I really wanna change the world but can't change my clothes...

And I'm done singing.
_________________________________________
Karl POV.

My phone started vibrating in my pocket as George and I leaned against a tree. I pulled it out from my pocket and saw that it was a call from Dream, which I immediately answered. “Hello Dream, what do you need?” I questioned, although I felt like I already knew what he was wanting to talk about.

“Why are you and George outside?” He questioned, and I immediately glanced over at the brunette who was sitting beside me, just staring up into the branches where a pair of birds were fluttering around.
“I just thought that he wanted some fresh air,” I answered, continuing to glance at George.

“What if he runs off?” The blond questioned. “He could get hurt.” I decided not to question his logic and turned my attention towards the large mansion. My eyes drifted up towards the second floor window which was Dream’s office, and if I squinted I could see someone standing there.

“He doesn’t seem like he is planning on doing that at the moment.” I briskly responded. “If he is, I could probably catch him, don’t worry about it.” As I said that I noticed George glance at me cautiously, but for now I ignored him.

There was only a hum from the blond on the end of the call, then he said something which honestly surprised me more. “Do you want to take him to a shop downtown, so that he can get some more clothes? There didn’t seem to be much for him to wear in that suitcase that he brought with him.”

That confused me, I raised an eyebrow, before responding. “Why do you want me to take him shopping?” My eyes narrowed in the direction of the window, watching how his figure seemed to move as he looked back down at me.

He hesitated before answering. “I just want to make sure that he has enough clothes because if he only has one or two things to wear he will want to spend an hour or so doing the washing every couple of days.” It seemed that he was unsure of what he was saying himself, but I wasn’t one to question it.

“Fine.” I stated, standing up and turning my attention away from the window. “But I doubt he has any money. Plus, is it really a good idea to take him into a large group of people, he could run off, or ask for help.” There was silence from the other end of the line, before he eventually told me to come up to his office and talk to him, and to bring George.

Then he hung up, and at the same time his figure disappeared from the window. I sighed in annoyance before turning to the brunette who was sitting against the tree trunk, watching me quietly. “Come on,” I told him. “My boss wants to talk with me. He wants you there too.” I explained as he stood up.

He seemed completely confused though, asking the quiet question of ‘What would your boss want to see me for?’ It seemed that he had verbalised his thoughts, not wanting me to actually answer him, instead he answered himself. “The last time that I saw him I was tied up in a basement and had a panic attack.”

“Don’t worry,” I responded, beginning to walk towards the set of glass doors we had come into the gardens from. George seemed incredibly tense, more tense than he was when he was just around me. The entire time his gaze was drifting around, probably looking for a place to run to avoid having to see Dream.

We walked slowly up the stairs to Dream’s office, and George seemed to notice something that made him freak out slightly. “Wait a minute… this is right by my room!” He sounded annoyed, disgusted, and who knows what else as he turned to look at me. “Is this guy’s office right beside my room?”

“It is,” I responded, watching the instant that it seemed his mind stopped working. I allowed myself to continue. “He told us to get a room for you, and also said he wanted to keep an eye on you, so we decided to get you a room right beside him.”
“So when I had a panic attack this morning he heard?” The brunette asked cautiously.

“Probably not,” I reassured him. “Dream is often away and even if he wasn’t, the walls are quite thick.so not much sound can travel through them.” That didn’t seem to change how he was acting, no matter how I intended it to originally sound.
“Great,” he muttered, seeming agitated.

I allowed myself to roll my eyes as I knocked on the door to Dream’s office, even though he was expecting me, I had grown up with this rule of always knocking on the door and so I did. George continued to fidget beside me, before I pulled him in with me when the was door opened by the blond.

“Karl,” he greeted blatantly, and I could tell he was smiling from under the mask as he looked at me and George. “Come in. I wanted to talk to you.” It was clear, or clear to me at least, that Dream paused to look at the brunette standing beside me for a couple of moments before allowing us to step inside.

George also stared, not at Dream of course, on the contrary it seemed he was doing everything in his power to avoid looking at the mafia boss. However he did take ages looking around Dream’s office. It was honestly kind of funny, not that I would say that out loud to either of them.

“What did you want to talk to me about boss?” I asked, trying to avoid staring at George who was trying to inconspicuously walk around the room and take note of everything.
“Well, I still want to get him some extra clothes.” Dream murmured quietly, clearly keeping his eyes on George as he talked to me. “And I will be the one to pay for it.”

I watched as he passed me a card of his, saying that I could use it to buy whatever George wanted. “Really?” I questioned. “Just buy him anything he wants? Are you sure that this is a good idea?”
“It’ll be fine Karl.” He responded, this time loud enough to get George to look back over at us.

“And what about how he could try and get help?” I reminded him, lowering my voice once again as I raised an eyebrow.
“Get a couple of other people, dress casually, go to a mall, and have all of you keep an eye on him.” Dream instructed. “If he tries talking to people, direct him away.”

“Just direct him away?” I questioned. “Sounds boring coming from you.”
Dream huffed before repeating his last few words, “direct him away, then tell me when you get back what he did and I will deal with it.”

“Are those all of the instructions?” I asked once he seemed like he was done, and the blond gave a quick nod of his head. I thanked him before grabbing George by the arm and leading him off, much to the brunette’s surprise.

“We’re going to the mall,” I said excitedly, trying to examine his expression as I did. He seemed cautious, but followed after me as I stopped first, knocking on Sapnap’s door. I figured that maybe he’d want to come to the mall with me, even if it would be babysitting someone that Dream kidnapped.

However when the ravenette opened the door he seemed nothing short of surprised.
_________________________________________
1299 words.

I feel like I should round it up to 1300, but nah.