Chapter 15: Punishment

George POV.

“You must have a fucking death wish.” Dream growled at me as he pulled me out onto the concrete flooring of his garage. I groaned in pain as my legs scraped against the ground and I was forced onto my knees. “Did you really think your escape plan would work?” I just whimpered pathetically, trying to keep myself grounded and out of a panic attack.

“I thought that-” I was cut off as he slapped me, making me sob out before curling myself into a ball, beginning to sob.
“It doesn’t matter what you thought. You shouldn’t have run off. I was being nice by letting Sapnap and Karl take you to get some clothes for yourself. You should be grateful.”

By now I wasn’t even listening, instead I was crying and sobbing and trying to control my breathing. He seemed to realise that I wasn’t paying attention and lifted me up. I didn’t resist, instead curling further in on myself and shaking against him.

He didn’t say anything to me as he carried me up to the floor my room was on. The mafia boss wordlessly carried me into my room and sat me on my bed before walking out. I could barely hear the sound of the lock in the door clicking, signalling that I was alone and I wasn’t going to be let out.

Dream POV

I grumbled at the situation, watching how George cowered in the passenger seat beside me. I was feeling pissed, after all I had thought he’d be smart enough to know that him trying to run from two of my most skilled men was futile.

When I returned into the garage and climbed out of the car he was still sitting, waiting for me to come and yell at him. I knew I had to deal with the brunette as I moved over to his door, watching as he slunk back in his seat, averting his gaze. He only looked up when I opened the door and pulled him harshly onto the concrete.

“You must have a fucking death wish.” I growled at him, listening as he cried out in pain but ignoring him. He began sobbing and shaking lightly, however for now I was too frustrated to focus on this. “Did you really think your escape plan would work?”

“I thought that-” I cut him off by slapping his face, causing him to cry out again as he curled up further into a ball and began sobbing, clearly on the verge of a panic attack. I felt bad instantly for hurting him, but I was just annoyed that he had tried it since it was clearly suicide.

“It doesn’t matter what you thought.” I told him, still feeling pissed and ignoring how scared he was. "You shouldn’t have run off. I was being nice by letting Sapnap and Karl take you to get some clothes for yourself. You should be grateful.” I went on an angry rant. “I need to teach you that running off is not acceptable. Especially when I was trying to be nice and trying to be fair.”

“To teach you not to misbehave you aren’t getting anything to eat tonight. I might consider sending Karl and Sapnap to get you some clothes later, but for now you don’t deserve them.” I finished my rant and turned to look at the brunette, who was cowering and sobbing. It doesn’t seem like he heard anything that I said and I sighed.

George was clearly having a panic attack, shaking violently, and sobbing, and struggling for breath. Immediately I felt bad, walking over to the brunette and lifting him up into my arms. He was still curled into a ball, meaning it was hard for me to hold him, and I tried shushing him. I didn’t say anything else though, mainly because I didn’t want him to put two and two together.

“I’m sorry,” was all that I could say to him. I muttered the sentence a few times as I carried him up to his room and set him down on the bed. Trying to be nice I wrapped a blanket around him before leaving.

Once I stepped out into the hallway I came face to face with Sapnap and Karl, who were giving me a cautious look. “Did you do something to him?” Sapnap questioned, trying to look past me however I shut the door before he got the chance.
“Is he hurt?” Karl asked as well, trying the same thing as Sapnap and also failing.

“He had a panic attack,” I informed them both. “So I took him to his room so he could calm down. I decided that he won’t have any dinner tonight, and that he won’t get any new clothes. I want you both to tell everyone to steer clear of this area.” Both of them nodded before I walked past them and walked to my office.

I slumped down in my chair however I didn’t get much privacy seeing as a minute later my best friend walked into the room. “So George had a panic attack?” Sapnap asked as he shut the door and gave me a look.
“He did,” I responded, as I sat down on a leather couch in the corner of the room.

“Shouldn’t you have helped him? You know how bad his panic attacks get, and this one was caused directly by you.” He went into protective mode for his friend.
“I don’t want him to know who I am though,” I responded. “If I help him then he will find out, and I don’t know how he will react.”

“So your identity matters more than his health? The knowledge of who you are under the mask is more important than his life?” The ravenette questioned.
That caused me to freeze for a moment, but then I smiled from under my mask as I replied. “His panic attacks don’t risk his life. We both researched that years ago to help him, remember?”

“But they can still be dangerous.” Sapnap continued. “Plus, the only thing he has eaten all day was a sandwich and a piece of fruit. Do you expect him to last with only that until tomorrow?”
“Stop feeling concerned for him,” I instructed. “I know what is best. I won’t let anything happen to George, okay?”

He gave me another look, however he didn’t say anything else. It was clear to both of us where we stood on the matter, and so Sapnap left, shutting the door behind him and I took the opportunity to take off my mask before sitting in silence. I tried to distract myself with something else, however all I could do was listen to George’s cries from another room.
________________________________________
1132 words