Chapter 78: Coffee

Techno POV

Because of everything that had happened with the raid over the past day and a half, Wilbur and I were given the day off. Both of us were feeling off after practically being responsible for sixty-five swat agents and police officers going into their deaths. After all, we were the only two survivors who witnessed the explosion.

Captain Philza had told us to take the day off, and both Wilbur and I will admit that that was difficult to do. We knew that Dream and George and the other members of the mafia were still in the city somewhere, and so every person that passed us we tried to match up to the picture of the mafia boss and the brunette that we had.

There were lots of blonds with green eyes in their early to mid twenties in the city. Thankfully though, there were a lot less British brunettes in their mid twenties, although in order to find that we’d have to awkwardly listen into their conversations to see if they were British. If we did listen in to their conversations they might get pissed off with us, and that’ll get us nowhere.

We had decided to get a coffee from a cafe in the mall a couple blocks away from the police station inside a shopping centre. I settled down at a table while my partner went inside to get us both drinks.

My gaze drifted among the crowds of people shopping, although I tried not to keep my focus on each person for too long since I didn’t want it to seem like I was being a creep. I was simply a police officer who was trying to find a group of highly dangerous criminals who were hiding somewhere in the city.

The brunette came back out with two cups of takeaway coffees, passing me the stronger of the two. I took a sip, enjoying the hot liquid even though it burnt my mouth. It was a good way to distract myself from this job, seeing as I was suspecting literally anything that moved as someone working as a part of Dream’s mafia..

“Are you feeling okay, Techno?” Wilbur questioned, glancing over at my expression. “That coffee was burning my hand as I carried it out here and you’re drinking it like it’s nothing.”
“Don’t worry, I’m fine.” I reassured him. “I’ve survived much worse than burning hot coffee.”

I really didn’t feel like talking at the moment, just staring at the people passing by but then I noticed something strange… someone strange. I stared at them for a couple of moments, watching as they walked by while talking to somebody beside them and my eyes narrowed. The brunette beside me attempted to follow my gaze but couldn’t see anything himself.

“What are you looking at?” He questioned, and I sighed before motioning in the direction of the person who had caught my attention. It was a brunette with pale skin facing away from me and talking with his friend, but the thing that caught my attention was that he was wearing a light blue strapless dress.

“I don’t see it,” Wilbur continued, shaking his head slightly. “You just seem like a weirdo staring at that person. Is it because of the way he’s dressed?”
“That caught my attention, but that’s not what I am focusing on,” I responded.
“Are you into the person in the dress?” He questioned, and I couldn’t tell if he was joking or not.

“No you nerd,” I scoffed at my partner. “That person is wearing a dress, but look at the body shape, the hair, it’s almost identical to George.”
“Holy shit,” Wilbur replied, leaning closer even though he was probably a hundred feet away. “You’re right.”

The two of us stood up, not wanting to let George out of our sight because he could be meeting up with Dream. There was only one issue which was the fact that both Wilbur and I had met George in the past and so he knew what we look like, and as fabulous as my pink hair was, it made me stick out like a sore thumb.

So both of us kept at a distance, watching as the pair of brunette’s walked, managing to keep them in our sights. They weaved between people while chatting quietly to each other, and with George receiving a lot of attention in his dress.

Eventually the pair of them walked up the steps to a building and when Wilbur and I looked at the signs we froze. It was the Starlight Resort, one of the many businesses that was owned by a criminal known as Quackity, someone who has made a lot of deals with Dream in the past.

Wilbur and I exchanged a glance, smirking at each other as we both concluded one thing. This must be where Dream has been hiding out. After a brief smirk at each other, I pulled my phone from my pocket and called Captain Philza.

George POV.

The same bellboy who had been crushing on Karl when we left earlier was still waiting around in the lobby, not having gone on break yet. His eyes practically lit up when he saw the two of us. I cringed slightly as I watched him look me up and down because I only wanted Clay to be looking at me like that.

Karl seemed nervous as he eyed the bellboy who was staring at him sensually. “Hey,” my friend greeted with an awkward hum. “I wanted to thank you for taking my bags up to my room earlier.”
“You’re welcome sweetheart, and I must say that your suite looks quite flash. You must be rich.” He complimented, making both Karl and I exchange a look.

“Well thank you. I am just heading back up to my suite with my friend…” Karl began before trailing off as the bell boy immediately jumped in.
“I could carry this up to your room for you if you want!” He offered, before chuckling. “I am about to go on my break in a few minutes, but I’d still be fine to help.”

“That’s so kind of you,” the brunette smiled, still seeming slightly uncomfortable. “Are you sure that you’d be able to handle it?”
“Of course.” He responded, taking the bag which contained those skirts that we brought at the shopping centre.

He led us to the elevator and we went up to our floor while Karl and I continuously exchanged glances. When we stepped out I followed him to the door of his suite and he unlocked it before stepping in. Inside I could feel myself smiling as I watched Sapnap walk out of the room. The bell boy watched with a surprised face as Karl pressed a kiss to the ravenette’s forehead.

The brunette then spun around as if he just realised that the bell boy was here, and he paid the bell boy with a twenty dollar note. “Thank you for all the help,” Karl smiled, his eyes fluttering at the shocked bell boy who cautiously took it. He didn’t say anything else as he left, leaving Sapnap, Karl, and me alone.

We all chuckled at each other, and after a minute the ravenette smiled at me. “Wow George, that dress looks great on you.” He complimented, and I couldn’t help but mutter a small ‘thanks’ in response. He then continued, “you should go see Clay, I know how he’d probably react to it.”

At his words I blushed slightly which made the both of them chuckle before deciding that I did want to see the blond (for completely unrelated reasons). I said goodbye to my two friends before grabbing my stuff and leaving, wanting to see the love of my life.
_________________________________________
1304 words