Chapter 29: Limo

George POV.

“Do I really have to wear this?” I asked as Karl helped me button up the suit Dream had made for me. “I look fucking ridiculous.”
“No you don’t look ridiculous.” He reassured me. “You look amazing. The colours really suit you.” He complimented happily, nudging me forward so I was standing in front of a mirror.

I winced as the sudden movement caused me to put some pressure on my injured foot and the brunette apologised before getting me to look at myself. And even though I would never say it out loud, I looked good.

Karl had dressed me in a blue, velvety, suit. A white dress shirt was underneath them and it was buttoned up tightly and exactly my size. Draped over my neck was some warm, white, faux fur and on my head was a pair of white sunglasses with black lenses. My skin even seemed lighter and reflected the light in the room.

The only thing that looked pathetic was the crutch that was allowing me to move around without too much pain. Whatever elegance, grace, and power that the blue suit had given me was gone when I was holding these.

Karl was also dressed up, wearing a nice tuxedo which was identical to mine in every way except the colours. While mine was completely blue, his dress pants were black, and his overcoat was a beautiful dark purple with slightly brighter swirls to decorate. He was also missing the faux fur and the glasses, but I didn’t say anything about that.

While he was helping me get changed he also managed to pressure me into putting a light coat of make-up on, including some blush, some lipstick, and some eyeshadow. He’d also taken his time about an hour ago to paint my nails blue, white, and red, whereas his were all just a plain purple.

A knock on the door caught my attention, and I straightened up, leaning against my crotch and glancing in the direction of the door as Karl went to open it. Dream and Sapnap were both standing there, and both of them were dressed in suits as well. Both of them had neatened up their outfits but both had their masks on still, which seemed weird for a party.

Neither of them said anything as they took in our outfits, and I made a half-conscious effort to attempt to hide the crutch behind my back in an attempt to seem slightly less injured, although I couldn’t be sure if it actually worked.

“Are you two ready to go?” Sapnap eventually asked breathily, and I could tell that he was staring solely at Karl.
“Of course we are ready,” Karl responded happily before looking over at me. “You’ll find it fun George. Quackity throws the best parties at the casino.”

“Won’t they be kind of dangerous though?” I responded. “Still might be better if I stay here and just watch a movie while you go out and enjoy yourselves.”
“Not a chance.” Dream stated. “Quackity wants you to be there, so you have to be there.”
“Quackity wants George to go?” Sapnap questioned, looking at Dream.

“I thought that you were just allowed to bring a plus one, not that he had actually been invited.”
“After George’s escape attempt yesterday Quackity saw him and insisted.” Dream grumbled in a low voice.
“Are you sure that’s a good idea?” The ravenette continued.

The blond ignored him and walked over to me. I could tell that he was smiling from under the mask as he walked over to me and put his hand on the small of his back. Sapnap was doing the same with Karl and both of them began leading both of us downstairs where a limo was waiting in the driveway.

“Will I be allowed to just sit in the corner out of everyone's way and wait until you are ready to leave?” I asked the mafia boss quietly before adding a ‘please’.
“That won’t work,” he responded. “People will approach you if they see you on your own, they might think you’re a stripper. And I’m not staying in the corner with you the whole night.”

“What do you mean they’ll think I’m a stripper?” I questioned, offended. “I looked nothing like a stripper. Plus, the crutch makes it clear I’m injured, who would want an injured stripper?”
“I thought you hated the crutch.” The blond hummed. “Plus, Quackity’s parties are the highlights of the year for criminals. I, along with others, can make hundreds of deals there.”

“Really?” I whined. “I don’t want to go talking to a bunch of criminals cause once I go back to my old life they might decide to harass me and my friends. Especially while I look weak and injured.”
“I’ll be with you the whole time. You don’t have to worry, okay?” He reassured me.

I opened my mouth to respond just as we reached the staircase. Before I got the chance to move down it, he scooped me up in his arms and caused me to yelp as I pulled the crutch to my chest. “Dream what the hell?” I asked worriedly as he carried me down the stairs.

Karl and Sapnap were already halfway down the staircase and looked up to see what was going on. They giggled to each other and I glared at both of them when the mafia boss answered. “It is a pain in the ass to get down the stairs in crutches, this is me being kind to you so it doesn’t take half an hour to get to the limo outside.”

“The kindness is just radiating off of you,” I responded sarcastically. “But I’d have much rather walked down the stairs myself.” I had nothing to do all day, Dream didn’t make me do any work with an injured ankle so I was just laying in bed for most of yesterday afternoon and most of today. I was bored out of my mind, but did manage to finish the first Percy Jackson book.

“You can walk down the stairs yourself once your ankle heals.Until then I will be carrying you and you can’t complain because you were the idiot who jumped over a wall.” He said as we finally reached the bottom and he helped me back onto my feet. For a moment I struggled to balance on my injury before following Sapnap and Karl who were ahead of us.

Because of how slow I was with my injury, Dream wrapped his arm around my waist helping me catch up while I glared at him. We reached the front door and a maid was standing there to open the door for us.

I made sure to avoid eye contact, feeling like an idiot as I limped slowly. Dream seemed to smile at her from under his mask and gave her a nod of thanks. “Enjoy the evening sirs,” the maid beamed back at us. “Have fun.”
“We will, don’t be surprised if we come back with one of us almost black out drunk.”

As the mafia boss said that he turned to look at me causing the woman to giggle. “Anyway,” he continued. “You don’t need to do any work while we are out, but we will be back around midnight.” At what was said I glanced at a clock on the wall and saw it was 7pm, meaning I have five hours at this party.

“I’ll see you then sir,” she said with a smile as the blond and I finally stepped out into the cold evening. “Have a good evening.”
“We will,” Dream responded in a sing-song tone, and he began leading towards the limo as I limped after him. “You have a good evening too Mary.”

Once the door shut behind us I turned to glare at him as I hobbled down the stairs. “What do you mean one of us will be drunk?”
“Knowing how you’d act in this kind of social situation, you’ll probably get shit-faced drunk and I will have to babysit you the entire evening.”

I blushed. “How would you know that?” I muttered the question as I sat in the limo opposite Karl and Sapnap who were talking to themselves.
“Because you probably won’t want to interact with a bunch of criminals sober, especially in crutches.” He told me as he slid into the seat beside me.

The limo began driving and I turned my attention to focus out of the window and attempted to calm my nerves before we got to this party. The blond seemed to notice my reluctance as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.
_________________________________________
1464 words

How do you people think Gogy looks? Attractive or pathetic.