96

Derek followed his sister and watched as she waited beside the car for him to catch up to her. He pushed the button on his keys to unlock the door and watched as she helped Sammy and Zoey into the car, turning around to take Morgan from Derek to put her in the car seat. "Sarah." He said as he watched her eyes flash to him and then go back to the task at hand.

"What, Derek?" She asked as she looked up as she poked Morgan in the nose to make her giggle as she watched Zoey and Sammy put their seatbelts on as she closed the back door and turned toward her brother. "What? Why are you standing there? You said my name... what did you want to say?"

"You're giving me the disapproving look."

"Me? I don't have a disapproving look." She said as she shrugged. "I don't even know what you're talking about." She said as she walked around him toward the passenger side door.

"Yes you do... and you're giving it to me now." He said as she tilted her head down and gave him an irritated look as she shook her head. "See... there it is again!"

"Get in the car and shut up..." She said with a half smirk as she opened the passenger door and climbed in, watching as her brother opened his door and got into the driver's seat.

"Are you going to tell me what you're thinking, or do I have to figure it out from the looks on your face."

"You should know what I'm thinking about... you're the brain man..."

"Sarah... She's just a friend..."

"Hmm..." Sarah nodded her head as she buckled her seatbelt. "I'm sure she is..."

"Sarah, she has a boyfriend."

"I'm sure she does." Sarah nodded her head.

"Sarah..."

"Derek... let's just go and get groceries, I don't have time for you to explain in detail your love affair with everyone that you meet." Sarah said as she turned her head toward her brother with a sarcastic smirk. "I get it." She said as she nodded. "You're friends."

"Really good friends..." Derek replied.

"And she has a boyfriend?"

"A pretty serious boyfriend... yes."

"It still doesn't settle well with me." She said as she shook her head.

"Well... you thought that Rachel was nice... and sweet... and perfect for me, Sarah. That just goes to show you how much I trust your opinion." Derek teased as he watched her scowl from the seat next to him.

"I was just being nice..."

"So you've now decided to not be nice?" He asked as he raised his eyebrows.

"I just... I think you have other priorities in your life now." She said as her eyes flashed to the back seat, she watched Derek stare out the windshield and sigh. "Derek..."

"Sarah... she's just a friend."

"Mmmhmm..." Sarah nodded.

"You are so frustrating..."

"You're a liar." She said as she scowled.

"I am not a liar..." Derek replied as he glanced in the back seat to see that the two older girls were listening intently. "Can we not have this conversation right now?"

"When is a good time to have this conversation, Derek?" Sarah asked.

"Never." Derek replied as he swallowed. "Maybe you're not the good sister after all." He said as a smirk began to rise on his lips. "Ow!" He exclaimed as she smacked his arm hard, he glared at her. "Don't hit."

"Don't say things that make me hit." She replied as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Liar..."

"Midget." Derek whispered under his breath as his sister scowled at him.

"You're going to get it for that..."

"Sorry... little person..." He said as he smirked as she smacked him again. "No more hitting... we'll talk about this after we go shopping..."

"Fine." She said with a sigh.

"Fine." He said softly, as he felt anxiety rising in his belly, as he drove toward the grocery store.