100

Sarah lay in the spare bedroom for a while, the quiet of the house was strange for her, always having the sounds of the city to lull her to sleep. She rolled over one more time and sighed, the thoughts of her brother and his new life floating through her mind, her worries for him plaguing her slightly as she rolled over once again, finally deciding on getting herself something to drink downstairs.

She rolled out of the bed and stood up, making her way toward the door she glanced out into the hallway. She could feel her stomach twist a little, knowing why the light was on in the hallway, her heart immediately going out to the spirit filled little girl in her brother's care. She glanced toward the room where the girls were sleeping and then made her way down toward the kitchen. She thought it odd, that the kitchen light was still on, but thought maybe that too had something to do with the little girl's sleeping habits, and made her way toward the refrigerator. She reached for a glass in the cupboard beside it, and opened the refrigerator door, her attention suddenly stolen by the sound of her brother's voice.

It was nearby, but he wasn't talking to her, and it was low and filled with humor as he talked a little. She heard him chuckle, and her eyes followed the sound of his voice to the sliding glass door near the dining room. She walked toward it, unable to see outside from where she was, she walked around to the shadow of the dining room where she could just make out the figure of her brother sitting on the swinging bench on the outside porch. He had a phone to his ear and was chuckling and talking to someone candidly on the phone.

Her eyes flashed to the clock in the room, surprised to find he was talking to someone on the phone at two o'clock in the morning, she listened closely to the conversation.

"Oh... no... seriously... you can't be serious..." He laughed as he tipped the phone and chuckled. "Come on... Kara..." he laughed.

Sarah bristled at the sound of the woman's name, her ear picking up more of the conversation as she listened.

"Are you serious? You've never done this before?" He asked as his voice went lower as he became serious. "Well... there's a first time for everything, huh?" He whispered, the throaty sound of his voice was filled with a deep, lusty breath as she watched him shift slightly on the swing.

"No..." he whispered. "Everyone is bed... of course it's alright... I have the week off... and sleeping is totally overrated." He said as he chuckled slightly. "Hmm... yeah? No one is going to hear... it's just you and me." He whispered as he wrapped the blanket around him tighter and turned his head, Sarah found it hard to hear what he was saying.

She had all but forgotten why she had come downstairs, and stood beside the door, trying to hard to listen to what her brother was saying to this woman on the phone. He had said she had a boyfriend, why was she talking to him on the phone. Why was she talking to him this late? Also, why was she so concerned that someone would hear what they were saying? She swallowed hard as she pressed her ear harder against the wall, trying desperately to hear what he was saying.

"Mmm... mm... you want it really moist..." He whispered as he then chuckled an almost shy laugh.

"What the hell are they talking about?"

"Make sure you use your hands... yeah... knead it... you want it soft...tender..." He whispered as he moved slightly on the swing and tilted his head back as he laughed. "No... no... Yes...." He whispered as he tilted his head down and listened to the other line. "Mm....mmmm, hmm... that's right, you got it... yeah... yes..." He said as he smiled wickedly into the line.

When Sarah couldn't take it any longer, she opened the sliding door and Derek sat up straight, his eyes flashing to his sister as she stood angrily in the doorway. "Hey..." He said into the line. "I'll call you tomorrow after you're out of work... yeah..." He whispered as he smiled into the line. "Yeah... we'll talk more..." He said in an almost shy laugh. "Yeah..." He said with a slight chuckle as Sarah stood shaking her head angrily. "You too...sweet dreams, Kara. Goodnight." He said softly as he hung up the phone. Without saying a word to Sarah, he stood up.

"What were you doing?"

"Nothing." Derek replied.

"Do you know what time it is?" She asked him as he walked toward the door, pushed past his sister and walked into the house with the lap blanket. He put it over the back of one of the chairs and continued toward the stairs.

"It doesn't matter, Sarah. It's my house... why are you spying on me?"

"Because you won't give me details... you won't give me any inside information, and Meredith really, really likes you... and you act like she doesn't even exist... you just... you..."

"Woah... woah... woah... Meredith? Where did this come from? Sarah... did you get into my liquor cabinet or something?" He asked as he felt his breath catch in his throat as a sudden, frightened scream came from upstairs. "Shit, here we go..." he whispered as he ran up the stairs as Sarah stood shocked, confused and frightened at the bottom of the stairs as Derek ran to Zoey's nightmare.