[Part 4] ||"I still care about you, somehow"

A/N:

Heyo! It's the nameless author you all love (I hope?)

There will be some angsty stuff in this chapter! :D 

(That smiley face kinda feels out of place lmfao)

Edit: Changed a phrase that looked weirdly sexual lmao

Hope you enjoy this chapter!

||---------------------------------------------------------||

...

As I walk out of Leo's room, I hear footsteps behind me.

-"Y/N?..."- I look behind me, it's Donnie.-"Oh! D! What are you doing awake this late?"

-"Well, my brothers knew I was going to stay up updating shelldon tonight, so they told me to keep an eye out for you because you were 'acting weird'."- Oh, well, that makes sense. - "So there was I, connecting cables until I decided to look at Leo's bedroom camera and..GASP! It's Y/N themself."

-".. Leo's bedroom camera?.."

He crosses his green arms as he frowns -"Don't you dare change the topic."

.. Fair enough.

-"Look, okay, I was just trying to stop annoying you guys at your own home, my bad!!"- Donnie drops his sassy act, and his facial expression changes to a dejected look as he hears my words.

-"Wait.. Were you trying to.. Go back to the streets?"- I start walking to the door as he follows me - "Yeah, why else would I be wearing a backpack full of my stuff, science man?"

I get that they just want to help, but I could just have rotten on the streets until I died from hunger or something, the last thing I want is to be deadweight for a random family of mutants.

-"B-but why?"- I stop and stare at him dead in the eyes - "You don't get it, one moment I'm living a normal life, one moment I'm becoming a fucking moth, one moment I'm being tested by scientists and being manipulated into thinking that I'm nothing more than a specimen, and now I'm being treated like I'm something more!" - At every single word that escaped my mouth, I watch Donnie's face get more and more horrified.

-"You - You what?"

I breathe in. 

-"Look, dude.... I just can't keep changing my life even more."- I stretch my arms wide, pointing the back of my hands to the floor - "All of this.. Sewers, rats, ninja weapons?.. It's too much to get used to..way too much."

-"So you just.. Go back to living in the streets?!" - "Yes, and don't pretend you don't want this, I see the way you look at me" 

I feel tears forming in my eyes.

-"Y/N.. No.. That's not.."- he crosses his arms and walks closer to me, I swear I can hear him whispering "Where is doctor feelings when I need him" under his breath.

-"Look, It doesn't matter how much I want to suspect you're into something, or even how much I want to dislike you, I can't."- What..?-"My brothers seemed to like you and I didn't know why, but with time I grew to.."- he holds the bridge of his "nose" with two fingers - "... enjoy your company."

-"..."-I look at him in awe, jaw on the floor - "At every mission and adventure that passes I enjoyed goofing around with you more and more, and now, I, Donatello himself, am begging you to stay here... With my brothers and I."

... I'd never imagine Donnie would just.. Open up that way to me... I guess they must care really deeply for me.

I clean the tears running down my cheeks slowly and grow a shit-eating grin - "Holy shit, D, I didn't know you had a begging kink, you weirdo." - His small smile transforms into an angry expression - "Did you just... Make a joke right now?..."

-"..."

-"Oh my... I'm throwing my feeling into the air, and that's how you respond?"- I smile nervously - "That's how I cope!" - "You act so much like Leo, it makes me want to bang my head into a wall..." - I start laughing softly and said laughter soon becomes more tears. 

He awkwardly hugs me, resting his chin on the thick fluff surrounding my neck.

-"Change is so scary, D."

-"I know"

.

.

.

We keep embracing each other in the middle of the lair, and after a while I finally compose myself.

-"Okay... No more emotions for you."- Donnie says as he lets go of me -"Damn..for real?.." 

We walk back, no more words spoken, I knew Donnie wasn't an "emotions" kind of guy, so having him opening up to me that way was genuinely amazing. We enjoyed the silence as we walked back to our rooms.

.

.

.

It's 7AM, I lazily scoop a spoon of cereal with yogurt and stick it in my mouth. Who knew crying was so exhausting?

Mikey sits right next to me and asks - "Hm? Did you not sleep well tonight?" - he didn't tell them?..

-"Uhm I... "- I quickly put a spoon in my mouth and start making random sounds' mouthful, he closes his eyes and nods his head back and forth, making some agreement sounds back. Donnie, who is sitting right by my side too, looks at us with a confused stare and goes back into filling his throat with black coffee.

Raph and Leo enter the kitchen too, Raph starts to make some toast as Leo starts eating some leftover pizza from a week before.

-"Uhm..Ew?.."- I say in disgust. Leo stares me dead in the eyes and takes a HUGE, SLIMY, GROSS, SALIVA-FULL BITE. That blue sassy piece of shit.

-"You probably shouldn't be eating that, Leo."- Raph says - "See? Your big bro agrees with me, you're fucking gross."

-"Well, I didn't say that."- Leo gets 4 slices, tops them on top of each other, and eats all of them in two huge bites.

Everybody is terrified.

Donnie, who was filming all of this going down, whispers "I'm going to show this to April" as Leo rolls his eyes and sits at the table - "Anyway, turns out the kid that defeated me was 12, NOT 8!" - He grins as he takes another pizza bite, I roll my eyes and laugh softly, I watch as Donnie's facial expression slowly changes into an evil grin - "A 12-year-old kid.. Defeated you?"

Leo grabs a piece of pizza, licks it, and throws it in Donnie's direction. Oh, no.

Mikey spits his breakfast and screams -"Donnie! Watch out!" - Donnie quickly dodges, making the pizza slice go straight into Raph's back, I watch in intrigue as Raph slowly turns to face Leo - "Leo..." - Leo starts running out of the kitchen with a pizza slice still inside his mouth, Raph following him with angry loud heavy steps... Man, I love this family.

Donnie turns to face me as Mikey runs right behind them with his bowl in his arms - "So... You're not going anywhere?" - I turn to face him too as I scoop a spoonful of my yogurt and cereal. I put the base of the spoon on my fingers as I use the tip as a catapult. I watch as the yogurt runs down his poker face and whisper, "food fight".

||---------------------------------------------------------||

Give me them stars, please! :]

<3

...