[Part 13] ||"Groceries... Again."

Hope you enjoy this chapter!

||---------------------------------------------------------||

We're all at the store's door now, waiting for Donnie to come on his jetpack, how did he forget about Leo's portals? Leo is sitting next to his younger brother, and both of them are happily eating a bag of pizza-flavored chips that magically fell off one of Leo's portals, apparently not shoplifted. Raph and April are playing hand games, trying to keep their rhythm as Splinter complains about how greasy (rat-like...) his hair (fur...) has been acting. While waiting, you kick your feet back and forth as you imagine Donnie's reaction midair realizing that portals exist.

You don't have to wait much to finally see this reaction in person tho, as the turtle comes down with a tired, annoyed facial expression. Turning off his jetpack and making it ride itself home with the click of a button. The jetpack's metal rips through the clouds, oh, that will surely keep our cover.

Although, you are content with Donnie's arrival. Until now, you all just seemed like six weirdly-colored hobos trying to beg for money at the entrance, now, you're seven! Holy damn! What's a billionaire compared to all this luxury? Bill Gates DREAMS of sitting on this gravel!

"So? How was your trip? Eh? Ehhh~?", jokes Leo, in a mocking tone. "Well, there was no Y/Ns vomiting around this time." Ouch, what did you have to do with all of this? You decide to vocalize your thoughts in annoyance "Hey! I- I don't throw up because of portals in ages!" Donatello looks at you, slightly caught on a smile, "By ages you mean, one week?"

This brings you to cross your arms in a joking manner, trying your best not to smile as you snap your neck to the side dramatically "Don't invalidate my efforts, Donno." He grins widely (but somehow still with a hint of anger?) at the nickname, murmuring 'fucking pest' under his breath as he shakes his head left and right in disapproval.

You follow the others as they enter the market in their disguises, in a way, it's fascinating seeing the turtles wearing human clothing now and then. They all always find a way to concentrate a little of their own essence into them, even tho the whole point of wearing disguises is to hide away from humans. If one ignored their three fingers, they would simply look like four stylish young men. The doors close behind us when, while still close to the entrance, Mikey stops to a halt, supermarket music filling the huge room. "Hey, take a look," he holds onto a magazine from an in-doors magazine stand and opens it wide as he explains "I know this brand! They always have puns at the end of each category!" his eyes shine bright, "Oh! Here's one!".

Leo, of all people, seems to be the one more interested in the whole situation, to the surprise of literally nobody. "Why was six afraid of seven?" Leo is quick to open his jaw, being interrupted by his twin brother, "It wasn't, numbers are soulless beings, actually, more like concepts than anything else, that lack emotion." Mikey's face is covered by a sweat drop as he chuckles nervously "No! Because seven ate nine! Here's another one!" he goes through some pages and stops moving his fingers as he finally continues, "How do you make a plumper cry?" Leo opens his jaw once again, but of course, Donnie speaks in his place "You murder his whole family with a crowbar."

"No-That's- Oh. It's correct." Mikey squints his eyes at the pages in front of him, slowly turning the pages to the next pun. "What's red and has two legs?" Leo doesn't even try to speak this time around, only staring at Donatello in confusion, waiting for his next answer. "Half a cat-"

"I don't feel like making puns anymore." he closes the magazine in a rush, disappointment filling his seemingly empty eyes, uncannily accompanying his awkward smile. Raph stutters an "Uhm, guys?", making everybody look at the child standing, traumatized, mouth gaping open, absolutely flabbergasted, barely holding the tip of his mother's hand, who is innocently unaware of the whole situation, simply trying to pay for her bag-and-a-half of groceries, scrambling her wallet for her card.