[Part 7] ||"A.... Fancy family bonding?..."

A/N:

Heyo! It's the nameless author you all love (I hope?)

L/N - Last Name

Hope you enjoy this chapter!

||---------------------------------------------------------||

...-"I'm not really sure about this, honestly." - I rest my fingers against the soft fabric around my waist.

Donnie sits just a couple of feet from me, on a little cushion covered by pillows, he points his finger in my direction and speaks - "Well, I'm not sure if you know what this dinner means." - I stop staring into the mirror in front of me and roll my eyes, hanging my right hand on my waist as I spin in his direction - "Oh, please, enlighten me." - He coughs into his hand and crosses his legs - "Y/N, I want you to think really carefully about this... 70% discount... In an expensive restaurant... Filled with high-class mutants..."

I cross my arms in response - "So I have to look like a glass of rose? How fancy." - He rests his head on his hand and responds in a monotone tone - "You don't have to. But I'd say wearing a corset is the cheapest way of looking wealthy, I'm pretty sure Leo will wear one too." 

Oh, I can't wait to see that. How do corsets even work around shells and plastrons?

I stare at my nails, Mikey wanted to match nails and insisted on painting them an orange-toned gold. Not gonna lie, he's excellent at manicures.

-"When did you guys start caring about your public image? The other day I saw Leo bringing a whole ass pizza into a theater because "Popcorn was for NPCs"." - Donnie freezes - "A yokai theater, right?" - I stay silent, Donatello spreads his legs and brings his chest in my direction, making an acute angle, he repeats - "A yokai theater, right?"

-"Yeah... Sure... Are you going to compliment me already?" - I try to look sassy, but I'm pretty sure I failed. He coughs and responds - "You look extravagant, Mx L/N." - "Oh well, thank you, you look fetching, prepossessing, even." - I slap my hand against my chest with a grin in a dramatic way, I silently enjoy as he stares at me with confusion covering his eyes, I explain - "That's a good thing if you're wondering." - He speaks rapidly, embarrassed by his lack of "obvious" knowledge (I actually spent half an hour last night searching for the perfect fancy word for the sake of sassiness, of course.) - "Oh, I knew that of course, I knew that!"

As he blushes and tries to brush it off, I grin even harder. I made Donatello Hamato feel stupid, my job here is done.

We both turn to the door as it slowly creaks open, It's Raph, he's wearing a ruby-red and black tuxedo and a spray-rose pin with the same color. He asks - "Are you guys done? Mikey won't stop jumping inside the turtle tan-" - "That's it, we're going now." - Donnie says as he grabs my arm and drags me out of the room.

...

We're all on the turtle tank now, Mikey stopped jumping around (somehow?) and I can finally analyze the turtle's outfits: Just like Donnie said, Leo is wearing a corset that covers a suit, its tie matching his bandana's color, only in a darker shade; Mikey, who was basically itching with excitement moments before, is, just like Raph, wearing a tuxedo, but instead of the obvious orange, his cloth is covered by golden details; Donnie is wearing a suit, his tie (and even his bandana!) shining and glowing in a neon purple, going for an eye-catching look, huh?

We park the "car" and open its door, the dark sky is beautiful, and the air is thin. The restaurant itself looks like a normal medium-sized medium-class restaurant. - "It's... closed?..." - I point out. In a dramatic gesture, Leo slowly slides his foot against the carpet in front of the large door. The red carpet was hiding a portal, and I gasp. - "How did the carpet not fall into the portal?" - He shrugs and jumps in head-first, that's going to hurt, I swallow my laughter. - "It's a bit too small for a portal made for mutants, don't ya think?" - says Raph. - "Are you worried you won't fit in?" - "Maybe." - Donnie crouches down, one of his eyebrows flying up. He grabs the edges of the portal with one of his three fingers and tries to pull it - "The portal adapts to sizes and shapes, fascinating!" - He interrupts his own line of thought as he continues - "... Nothing science couldn't do, of course." - He jumps in as he rambles.