[Part 5] ||"Just an experiment"

A/N:

Heyo! It's the nameless author you all love (I hope?)

I have no idea of what to write next, so if y'all could give me some ideas, I'd be really thankful :'D

Just keep in mind that this isn't a One-shot book and that the ideas can't be too strict (so the Lore can stay consistent)! If you have any suggestions, comment them...

Here.

Hope you enjoy this chapter!

||---------------------------------------------------------||

"How do I open this thing?" I think to myself as I run my fingers through Donnie's lab door.

-"So.. Weir-OH MY-" - before I could end speaking to myself, a security camera lights up and with some spins and mechanic movements ends up going straight into my nose. A little speaker opens up on its side, emitting Leo's voice from it.

-"Majesty is looking especially beautiful today, perhaps they would enjoy sampling all the selections from our 21 nation Cheesecake trolley?"- I can hear something metallic crash into the ground as another voice takes place -"LEO!"- five seconds of more loud noises emit before I can finally hear Donnie's voice clearly.

-"Y/N? Is that you? Leo broke my monitor."-"S.. Sure!"- The door opens, and I take a step inside.

The lab floor is covered by blue tiles (and a specific passed-out blue turtle) and the walls are made from a sort of black metal. The whole room swims in shades of purple LEDs and white lights. I walk in the direction of Leo and slap his face around 5-ish times before he finally wakes up - "Ouch!" - "What happened to you?"- Donnie, who is now trying to fix a broken monitor on his work desk, spins the chair in our direction and responds instead of Leo - "Well, he wouldn't stop messing around with my tech, so I decided to make him stop." - Leo responds - "It was the first time-!"-"First time today."

As they start arguing (again) I notice a small rat locked up in a small cage near Donnie's left side, so, as a normal individual would do, I open the ceiling of the cage and start petting it.

The rat starts happily squeaking as my fingers run through the back of his ears, and then his neck, and then his back...

-"Y/N, can you stop petting the specimen? It's an essential part of this experiment."- Says Donnie, waving his finger in the air - "It's a him, I think." - Leo responds while sliding his arms across his brother's shoulders - "It's... It's a rat."

"Damn, I didn't know you guys had Daddy issues, expected more from Splinter, to be honest."

Donnie covers his face with his three fingers and whispers, "You guys are unbearable." as he dives deep into a drawer using his leftover hand - "All I want you guys to do is to protect me from.." He looks in the rat's direction as he dresses his gloves - ".... 'Him'."

Leo starts laughing - "The rat?" - he supports his weight by resting his arm on the table near the cage, what seems like hours pass as the turtle finally stops laughing and manages to form a coherent sentence - "But!.. But he's so tiny! I mean, look at the poor guy!"

Donnie slowly grows a sinister grin on his face - "For now."

Shadows cover Donnie's purple mask as he opens the gate of a smaller cage connected to the original, freeing a modified oozesquito, the same purple wings, the same blank eyes, the only noticeable difference being that its back (butt, if you will) was full of a yellow glowing liquid.  Leo and I watch in horror as the creature bites into the rat's flesh and transforms it into a bigger, scarier being.