V!Matt x reader🩸

[Spooky season is upon us brethren]
   —{Matt is a vampire,Tom is his half-shifted monster, you and Edd are human}
.
.
.
Halloween was one of your favorite holidays. It was the one night a year you could unhinge and scare people for fun. The costumes and candy were just a plus.

Usually for Halloween, you and the boys would go trick or treating for a while then stay at home and binge horror movies until midnight. By then Matt would go to bed, Edd would pick up and watch the Nightmare before Christmas in his room, and you and Tom would go out in bloody masks and scare late treaters.

This year however, things were just a hint different. There was an All Hallows' Eve masquerade ball in town and Matt would NOT shut up about going until you all begrudgingly agreed. Something about hiding behind a mask while dancing the night away with strangers peaked the ginger vampire's interest.

At first you were hesitant about going, you weren't really one for dancing and preferred to stay home and scare unsuspecting victims, but the idea grew on you as the night went on. The reason? Matt himself.

Sure he was narcissistic and naïve, but he was also one of your best friends and seeing him so genuinely excited about something made your heart melt. Now, that melting could be connected to something hidden deeper, but you never wanted to look. Anxiety your mortal enemy.

So now here you were, at the entrance of the masquerade ball in a gorgeous (f/c) getup. The color complimenting your figure as chains and jewelry hugged stylishly against your chest and hands. The mask, a laced (f/c) material with black trim and small black feathers adorning the tips, lay snuggly on the bridge of your nose. (You can create your own outfit based on these little details if you want. Tried being as gender fluid as I could without leaving parts out of the story<3)

The gang had decided to go separately to the ball to make things more "interesting", dressing up and then leaving the house one at a time. Tom would leave first, then Matt would be second. You were third and Edd would be last.

The plan was for there to be a sort of game involved, like hide and seek. Try and find the other members while at the ball, then leave for home when it ended. Simple and a bit sneaky. You were on board, plus it wouldn't hurt to sneak around and dance with a certain vampire without him knowing who you were.

Obviously your priorities were a bit mixed up but you didn't care. Cause right now you were searching for that lovely head of golden ginger hair. He was a pretty tall dude, and his outfit should mirror his extravagant personality so It shouldn't be that hard right?.
Oh you were so wrong.

You could not find him anywhere! He wasn't by the doors, nor was he by the bar—unlike Tom who was casually chugging bottles of vodka with his mask completely off. Heck, you couldn't even see him on the dance floor! You began to loose hope of ever dancing with him.

Of course, you knew Matt would try and dance with as many people as he could so even if you did find him there would most likely be a swarm around him.

The night was closing to an end and the last song was about to begin . The lights dimmed, with a red hue blanketing over the crowd.

—{Begin song now}—
A hush was heard through the hall as the music began playing. A slow rhythm perfect for slow dancing

Someone cleared their throat behind you.
"May I have this dance~?"

Their warm breath tickled against your neck, sending shivers down your spine as you turn around. The figure was astonishingly close to your body and loomed over you. His smile was visible under the sleek lavender mask he had worn.

Once you nodded in agreement, he swiftly took your hands and situated your bodies in position. His hands resting on your side and softly grabbing your hand. The music began to speed up and his voice rung out in a tune, spinning you both with the rhythm :