🌹Red Means I Love You PT.2🌹

{One of you gave me this idea and I love it. Has good ending this time. Might do part 3}
.
.
.
You were in the hospital for a week, the doctors wanted to make sure you were all right and that all of the petals were flushed from your system.

It wasn't a very pleasant experience, nor was it painless, but at least you survived. At what cost though?

During your stay the boys came to check up on you, some more than others including Edd, Tom, and Matt—just everyone else except for Tord.

Heck, even Eduardo visited more than him. And he hated your guts!! Or at least that was what you initially thought. If Eduardo really hated you he would've just let you die. He could have easily, if only he had ignored your pleas and slammed the door in your face

But he didn't, he was the one to literally drag you to the hospital because he was the only one who knew what was happening.

You were confused the first couple times Eduardo did visit, but soon got used to his presence and actually enjoyed it. He was clearly still worried, being the only one who truly knew what had happened, but seeing you ok made him feel slightly better.

Eduardo wouldn't say much or talk your ear off like you were used to with your roommates, but was a great listener and wasn't too bad at board games.

Just like the day before, Eduardo came to visit you at the exact same time. Bringing a drink for your throat and something to eat. Today's sacrifice: {Your favorite take-out}

"Look who's actually up. Thought I'd have to wake your lazy butt, again"

You snicker, playfully flipping Eduardo off as he sets down your food and drink. You've told him countless times before that he didn't need to do all of this, but each and every time he would brush off your concerns and basically tell you to deal with it.

It was a sweet gesture you had to admit, but you felt bad. Like you were making Eduardo feel obligated to buy you things, which wasn't the case at all.

Still, you gratefully took what he got you and sipped on your drink

"That was one time, and I was on medication! What do you want from me?~"

"Would you be offended if I asked you to pay me back for all of the foo—"

You throw a pillow at him, giggling up a storm. You knew he was joking but it was still funny seeing him this loose and playful

"You sir offered even when I said you didn't have to. There is no one to blame but yourself!~"

"How dare you use logic against me!"

Eduardo throws the pillow back, but with noticeably less force that when you threw it, sitting down in a chair right next to your hospital bed.

"You're lucky we're in a hospital, or else I'd kick that lazy butt of yours to the curb"

He reaches over and ruffles your hair, brushing away any petals leftover from the surgery. That was really the only reason you were still in the hospital, you still needed to clear out your lungs from any left over petals that couldn't be removed.

It wasn't as painful anymore and as of late you hadn't coughed up as many petals. Hopefully you could get out soon and go back to living your life just how it used to. But then....you also never wanted to leave, and it wasn't because of the attention.

What you really wanted was for these special moments with Eduardo to never end. He had been with you from the beginning, even with your rough history of being neighbours he had helped you through a very tough time. He practically saved your life, and you would be eternally grateful

Shaking your head clear from these thoughts for a moment you take another sip of your drink, the cooling liquid soothing your sore throat

"Oh I know you're all talk, you would never kick me to the curb"

"...true"

You both share a laugh, easing into conversation about anything and everything just like normal. Eduardo being a bit more talkative this time around so you could eat. This visit was just like all the others but it was also different.

Weeks pass and you were finally let go from the hospital, the petals in your lungs finally clearing up. When you got home there was a welcome back party, and you even managed to convince Edd to invite the neighbours.

Low and behold, Tord was "busy" that night and couldn't make it, but for some reason that didn't hurt your feelings as much as you thought. There were plenty of other people who actually cared about you and you would spend your time with them.

All throughout the party Eduardo kept checking in on you, making sure you were ok and that you had drank enough fluids to soothe your throat. This of course caught the attention of both Matt and Mark, who were the two gossipers of the houses.

So naturally they found you alone and dragged you to an empty corner to have a little chat. Matt being the most excited while Mark had a silent type of curiosity to him

"Ok spill, what happened between you and mr. Grouchy over there? He's been acting—"

Matt was promptly cut off by Mark, much to the ginger's dismay

"Weird, he's been acting weird. Take it from me, he isn't like this with us, much less with your lot"

You just shrug, unsure of what to tell the two boys. You never really stopped to think about it, but now that it was brought to your attention Eduardo's mannerisms were strange. At least from the norm everyone was used to.

"Not sure. Maybe he's still concerned since he knew more about this? I don't know"

"He doesn't seem worried..."

Mark hummed, tapping his chin for a moment before taking a swig of his drink and continuing. Matt had his eyes narrowed on Eduardo the entire time as if looking at the brunette would magically give him the answers

"It's like he's giving you extra attention because he wants to, instead of it just being because of your health"

"I know as much as you guys do. But if I'm being honest with you, I don't really mind it. Eduardo, being this patient and stuff, it's a nice change of pace from him always making fun of us"

The two boys nod, agreeing with you on that point. Ever since you had left the hospital Eduardo seemingly "chilled out" with everyone for the time being, wanting to make sure you were ok rather than insult Edd or Tom.

It was strange, but even more strangely was how much you enjoyed his company and him in general. But you couldn't possibly like him like that could you? I mean, you just got out of the hospital for your heart being broken and almost died, was it even a good idea to be thinking of these things?

Probably not, but the look Eduardo gave you as he glanced over made you forget about everything. His slight smile just for you sending a rapid thrumming to your chest that felt warm and cozy, like all of those soft blankets he would give you while you were in the hospital