💙Backrooms💙

{Go for two}
.
.
.
{All these stories will be set before you guys date}

"GET ME OUT OF THIS GAMMEEE!"

An ear splitting voice ran through your headset making you involuntarily bring your hands up to your head, accidentally making you hit your face with a vr controller.

"Ah shi-!! TOM!" More screaming from the eyeless male is your only response.

You both decided it was a fun idea to play The Backrooms in VR. Quickly grabbing your headsets as the game downloaded, unknowing of the scares that we're included.

"I swear, if that monster doesn't kill you I will!"

"SHUT UP AND HELP ME!"

The brunette's character runs past you as well as the entity chasing him. Unaware of the other person in its vicinity.

"Dodge through the walls stupid! Stop going straight!"

"Trying, stupid!"

"Oh bull!"

"Screw yoo-OUUUU!! NO GO AWAY! NOOOO"

He in fact did not dodge, being killed by the entity for the hundredth time that night.

"And this is why I said stay in a group. But noooooooo big man wanted to do it himself."

"Don't patronize me."

You stifle a laugh. Even through his rough and aggressive tone you could tell there was no bite.

A ding from your phone catches your attention.

"Gimme a sec, think that's my dinner."

"None for me? Rude"

You took your headset off as you peered at the small devise. A notification for your door dash present on the lock screen.

You had ordered food from your favorite restaurant a while back, thinking it was a better idea than making food yourself.

And you're glad you did cause right now you were literally starving.

Heading downstairs to your front door you double checked through the window. Making sure the dude had your food in his hand.

Opening the door the delivery guy handed you your bag, but before you had the chance to grab your wallet and pay for your meal he left.

"H-hey wait! Don't I need to pay you?"

"Hm? Oh no, someone already payed for it."

"Really? Who?"

"Dude named......," the man reached into his back pocket and pulled out a recipe, "Thomas Ridge. Know him?"

"Oh I know him all right. Thank you."

"No problem. Have a good night."

Closing the door you huffed out a sigh, a slight blush dawning over your face.

You could never gauge what your eyeless friend was thinking. And it just confused you to no end.

Deciding to head back to your office you pushed all of your thoughts to the back of your mind.

As you got closer to your office's door you could faintly hear Tom's screams. Apparently he decided to continue on while you were afk. Idiot

Setting down your bag of food you put your headset back on, inserting in your earphones.

Tom's character was frantically panting next to yours. The physical exercise of "running" around getting to him.

"Having fun yet?"

"JESUS!!— I hate you. So much."

You stifled a laugh, "well you deserved it."

"Why? Why do I deserve it huh?"

His voice was laced with something. A sort of mischievous and knowing tone.

"Well someone decided to pay for my dinner without telling me. So I had to ask the delivery guy who paid for it and funny enough, he game me your name."

The line went quiet. Both of your characters facing one another as the silence carried on.

"Huh. Weird." That's all he said, facing away and walking towards the door of the room you were currently in.

For the rest of that night you guys hadn't said much about the whole dinner situation. Glossing over everything and just progressing through the game.

It was around 10-10:30 when you both decided it was time to stop playing. Opting to video chatting for a bit before you both headed to bed.

"Are you, uh... actually mad about me buying you food?"

The brunette's voice was low and careful. His eyes downcast while his hands fidgeted with anything and everything on his desk.

"Why would I? Surprised yeah but not mad."

"I-I don't know. I just though I might've crossed a line or something."

You sighed, discarding your fork to the abyss that is your desk.

Looking back at your friend with a soft yet serious disposition you let the corners of your mouth quirk up.

"Listen, I appreciate you buying me the food. Really I do. But next time just ask ok?"

"Ok I guess.."

Tom's face grew slightly pink as his hands stopped fidgeting with anxiety. His mood seemingly lifting and relaxing with your words.

"I'm buying you food next time though."

"Absolutely not."