CHAPTER 18

5k reads! Oh my God! Thank you guys. 🖤
- - -

Five years ago: Flash back

'We called off our engagement for some personal differences. We are no longer together.'
Billionaire, Caden Davis called off his engagement claiming some personal differences. Though, we all know it's because she cheated on him. Unfortunately, It's not confirmed yet, with whom she cheated. But rumours on the streets, that it was Caden's long time best friend, multi millionaire, Black Anderson.

Lana changed the channel cursing and groaned.

'Don't they have anything better to do than gossiping? It's been a month and they are still on it. You can't even go out without reporters breathing down on your neck. There's probably not a human being in America who doesn't know you by now. They are all nuts, I'm telling you'

'Hm' I said absent mindedly.

'You should eat, Sia. You haven't showered and eaten for God knows how long. You are going to be sick this way.' Lena said sympathetically.

'Your aunt's calling. Receive it. She's been calling you non stop.'

I didn't want to talk to anyone, especially my aunt who was worried about me for every small thing. I could only guess, how was she feeling now but Lana practically forced me to receive it.

'Hey, thank God, You received at last. How are you sweety?' My aunt's relief could be heard even over phone.

'I'm fine.' I lied.

'No, You are not. Don't lie. Come to London, Sia. You can't survive there.'

'No, aunt.' I tried to laugh. 'I have classes and my exams coming up. I can't just move to a new country.'

'I have friend who's a professor from a reputed university who will help transferring you here. You have perfect CGPA. You don't have to worry about anything. Just come here.'

'I can't burden you like this. You are barely paying your own bills. I can't do that aunt.' I tried to persuade her. Though, I didn't even know what I would do if I stayed here. It was not like I had any one here. I was an orphan and she was my only relative.

'You can't burden me more than you are already doing by staying there. Come here sweety. You are worrying me.'

'I will think about it. Take care. Bye.' I left a sigh and hung up.

'You can't go to university with all these going on.' Lana said.

'You should go.' She said quietly. 'I will miss you. But you should go. It'd be good for you. Your aunt is right. You can't survive here.'

'I don't know what to do. It just hurts so much.' My heart constricted painfully making my eyes strung. Lana hugged me tightly,

'Everything will be all right. You will be fine. Just give it some time. You are strong. Don't let it ruin you.' She tried to comfort me.

I cried silently with my whole body shaking. 'I just miss him so much.' I hiccup. 'I wish, he was here and I could explain everything.'

Sleep consumed me after crying for I didn't know how long with Lana holding me tightly and comforting me.

Present Time:

"Caden Davis has been seen with his ex fiancée at an event! Has he forgiven her already?..."
"Billionaire Caden Davis was with his ex fiancée Sierra Thompson hand in hand!..."
"Ex fiancée Sierra Thompson and Caden Davis are now friends! She was caught cheating on him five years back. Has the world gone mad?..."
"Sierra Thompson now works under her billionaire ex fiancé Caden Davis. Does she have no shame?..."