CHAPTER 2

** I've been meaning to change this book's name and finally decided one.  I'm also changing the cover.
- - -

'Hey, are you going to the printing room?'

I nod at her confused.

'Then, can you please give this file to Dan on the way?' Seeing my blank expression, Maya clarifies who Dan is.

'Sure.' I say and groan after she is out of earshot. All this is reminding me of my intern days. Gosh, to think that I have to all this again! I'm feeling like I have been on my foot all day!

It's been a week since I received an email in my battered laptop saying I got the job and I have been working as a finance analyst from then.

Working as a finance analyst is good, specially payment. But, being a new employee has its drawbacks. Like you have to work harder than usual to impress your immediate boss and smile at everyone around you, desperately hoping they like you. And it also means you have to accept small requests like fetching coffee, giving file to someone else etc.

So, I end up having aching feet.

I was honestly surprised when I got the job. It wasn't that my interview didn't go well but I'm not exactly a lucky person. So I didn't thought I would get it.

I actually didn't realise how true that was until after I came here. The whole week, rumours float down all over the company that it's on the verge of bankruptcy and it's going to be sold. Though the authority is claiming that it's only a rumer, I did the math and I'm ninety percent sure, it's true.

So, If a company buys this, they are of couse going to dismiss some people and I'm going to be one of them being the new employee and all.

So, yes. I'm pretty sure, I'm going to lose the job.

'Hey, Sia. Are you worried about the rumers? It sucks that you are here for only about a week and you have to worry about these.' Lana says as she prints some papers.

'Yes.' I shrug and wait for her to finish printing. Lana also works in finance department. So I see her regularly and she's good. I think, we are going to be friends, IF I last here and don't lose the job.

I look at her and laugh inwardly, suddenly realising something. My best friend, Lana is other worldly beautiful. She can make any model run for her money. But this Lana, can also be a tough competitor for any beauty contest.

It would be a neck and neck competition, If it's a fight between these two. Is there a law saying, all girls named Lana have to be beautiful?

I take a look at myself and sigh. No wonder, I never take photos with my best friend. With my very common brown hair, brown eyes, round face and five feet four figure, I look like a donkey beside her.

'Do you think these rumers are true?' She asks worriedly.

'I have no idea. But I think they might be.'

'Oh God.' She says looking really anxious.

- - -

It isn't until after lunch, we get the big shock. Everyone starts talking about the company already being sold. This time this isn't even rumer anymore but actually truth.

I try to think to think back of the company representatives I saw all this week. They must have been here to buy this. The new owner must be one of them. I didn't see Caden or any other people from his incorporation after that day and I'm thankful. He was here for something else, I'm sure.

Besides, if I remember correctly, he wasn't someone to take risks like this. This company is a lost case. I just can't picture him to do something so daring.