PREFACE

"There is no remedy for love but to love more."
- Thoreau
- - -

'How could you do this?' His eyes are bloodshot, a vague indication that he had been crying. 'Out of all the people in the world, I didn't think you would do this. Why Sierra? Had I not been good enough?' His eyes are ablaze, urging me to answer him.

I blink my eyes repeatedly, a futile attempt at awakening my drunk brain and look at him with half lidded eyes in confusion.

'What?' I say groggily, my throat dry for lacking of use. 'What are-' I stop, feeling his grip on my shoulder tightened. It is not painful but firm enough, keeping me in place and the only thing supporting me sit up on the bed.

Am I in a bed? It doesn't feel like mine. Did he bring me to his penthouse from the bar? I wonder furrowing my brows. I remember, I was talking with Black.

What the hell happened to me? Did I get drunk? But I only took two shots. Groaning aloud, I try to sit more properly, feeling the blanket falls to my lap and making me realising my sudden naked state.

The blanket is covering my lower half but my upper half is completely bare. I grasp and clutch the blanket to my chest. My heart starts to beat erratically with unknown fear.

'Don't act like you don't know what I am talking about.' He lets out a humourless laugh, his eyes are pained, conveying so much what I am unable to understand in my foggy state.

I look at him furrowing my brows. My head is jumbling with millions of thoughts.

'I gave you everything. Money, fame, status, luxury even my heart and you pay me back like this.' His voice is raising volume on every word.

He looks at me accusingly with disbelieving eyes like he can't believe what he is seeing.

I try to process his word in my half awakened, half drunken, panicked brain and force my eyes to wide open.

Moving my stiff shoulder, I force myself to look around, taking in my surrounding for the first time. I find Black on the floor groaning and sporting a black eye. I try to look at him clearly and grasp again. This time louder because he too is naked. Why the both of us are naked?

Then it clicks. The most horrifying, haunting truth.

No, no. It can't be. No God, no. I didn't. I couldn't. I couldn't cheat. I love him. I love him with every fibre of my body. I don't even like Black that way. I never thought about him that way.

At this point I don't even realise I am crying and shaking my head vigorously, as if shaking my head would turn away the truth, desperately hoping that it is a nightmare and nothing else.

'I-' My voice breaks for not knowing what to say.

His grip on my shoulder tightens even more but he doesn't say anything.

'I..I didn't do anything. I don't remember anything.' I plead with my eyes and hiccup uncontrollably, trying with hopeless effort to make him believe me.

'Save the lies. I know everything.' His voice is bitter.

He stands up and notices Blank laying on floor, passed out and once again his eyes fill with rage.

He must have punched him when he came here, finding Black on the bed along with me and that woke me up.

'At least have the decency to cover up.' He angered eyes, filled with newfound hatred find me, making me flinched. He throws his shirt at me. 'We are over. I don't want to see your face ever again.'

And he leaves shuttering me in pieces.

I sit on the bed, staring at the walls blankly for ages not knowing what to do. Slowly, I stand up looking for my clothes but I don't find them any where. I end up wearing only his shirt and open the door to leave the bar.

Just as I open the door, camera flashes everywhere blinding my eyes and people are shouting all around me. I leave the place wearing only a shirt, my hair sticking every where, posing like this for the world to see.

The poor, classless girl to whom the perfect billionaire fell in love with, who jeopardises her own relationship by cheating on her fiance.

- - -

Song for prologue- I warned myself by Charlie Puth.

I really hope, you liked the prologue and continue supporting this book by reading it.

I appreciate what you think about this book. So feel free to let me know by commenting.

Please VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.

Lots of love.♡♡
-Alayna