CHAPTER 13

POINT OF VIEW: DYLAN

Friday, October 13, 2028, around 11.30 P.M

"You're ... bleeding?!" Dylan exclaimed incredulously as he glued his eyes on the wound on Athena's cheek. A few days ago he had witnessed her trying to pierce herself with a butter knife, and the knife could not even peel her skin. This time, something that had just hurtled past her face managed to make a scratch on her cheek. Did her power suddenly diminish again?

"Dylan, get up and find a safe hiding place," Athena said with a stern voice, while at the same time glaring at whatever was in the alley. He quickly rose to his feet, but he did not promptly search for a safe place. Instead, he shifted his focus to the same direction as Athena did.

A womanly figure was standing in the alley, the distance was approximately two meters away from Dylan and Athena. She then started walking towards them.

"Dylan, why are you still here?!" Athena said. "She can hurt me, so she definitely isn't a human!"

"How rude you are, o mighty Athena, the goddess of Wisdom and Battle Strategy," the womanly figure suddenly said as she got even closer, making Dylan and Athena look towards her again. "I am curious to know who this mortal is that has become your slave this entire day."

"Who are you?!"

"I am your loyal priestess, my holy goddess," the woman said when the moonlight and the street lamp were finally able to reveal her. Dylan had expected the woman to be someone resembling Athena, dressed in ancient clothing and ancient war suits. Nevertheless, what he saw right now was just a woman with sunglasses, red T-shirt with gray words 'The Rock', and gray jeans. She was not any closer to his very own imagination. He became unconvinced that the one standing in front of him was the one who had just managed to hurt Athena.

"Medusa ... How is it possible?!"

"Medusa you said?" Dylan responded as he looked at Athena. "Was she the one who did inappropriate things in your temple?"

"Move back, Dylan. She is dangerous," Athena said, completely ignoring the question. Simultaneously, her hair went untied and a helmet materialized on her head. Her casual T-shirt changed into body armor fully covering her upper torso, shoulders, and upper arms, while her jeans transformed into a Gladiator-style black skirt fully covering her thighs. A sword materialized in her right grip, and a circle armor in her left grip. She then aimed the tip of her sword towards Medusa, before she said, "I will kill you this time."

Medusa threw her head back and laughed. At that time, her strands of hair suddenly formed braids. It was almost like a blink in an eye, so Dylan did not have a clear view on how they could turn like that. While he was still wondering whether the transformation was real, Medusa's T-shirt and jeans turned wavy. The shirt became some kind of armor that seemed to be solid and hard, while the jeans became one with the legs, with scales all over the surface. The same transformation also happened on her arms, with sharp fingernails as additional attributes. Medusa then stopped laughing and stared back at him and Athena. Unexpected to him, her face skin had turned gray. Grinning at them, she said, "One more transformation."

The braided hairs of Medusa suddenly moved like wind was blowing through them. The tips then floated, and the entire braids became solid. Scales also grew all over the surface, followed by the tips grotesquely turned into snake heads. Witnessing the last change, Dylan was stunned. Medusa then grabbed her sunglass temple. All of a sudden, Athena elbowed Dylan and screamed, "Shut your eyes!!"

Dylan bumped the wall and slumped to the ground. Groaning in pain, he was distracted by Medusa's scream. He looked back at her, only to see Athena was pressing her sunglasses against her face. She struggled to extricate herself from Athena, but then the goddess jumped backwards and landed near him. "I have made your sunglasses stuck to your eyes. You will never be able to take it off unless I make it happen," Athena said with a stern voice.