CHAPTER 43

POINT OF VIEW: DYLAN

Sunday, November 6, 2028.

Carlasco = Around 02.00 P.M

Greece = Around 11.00 P.M

Orkney Island = Around 09.00 P.M

Tapping on the phone, it was already 2 P.M in the afternoon. Because a customer suddenly collapsed in the store, and Dylan had to rearrange the demolished stacks of tuna cans, he just had the time to have lunch now. Removing the bento lid, he immediately chewed down the pork cutlet.

Until now, there was not a single news about Apollo. As the abductor and the location had been revealed, plus the rescue team was a group of Olympian gods, Dylan did not worry too much about Apollo's safety. But there was still one thing that had been bugging him since morning. As Mountain Ward Hill seemed to be commonly visited, would the rescue mission end up attracting unwanted attention?

"This is the first time I saw a customer collapse in a store," Michael suddenly came, he was also holding a bento box.

"Four years of working here, and this is also my first time," Dylan said. "What are you eating?"

"Same as you," Michael said. "Nothing beats this store's pork cutlet."

Dylan chucked. "Well ... Mr. Konishi said that in Japan, he knew of one store that serves the best pork cutlet. He's been trying to replicate the taste, but his cutlet never comes close."

"This one is tasty already," Michael said as he chewed the meat. "I wonder now how tasty the said meat is."

"Then you've got to go to Japan first," Dylan chuckled again.

"I wish I could," Michael scoffed.

"Me too."

Michael grabbed the remote control and turned on the TV hanging on the wall. He chose the YouTube application, saying he would like to search for the best pork cutlet restaurant in Japan. Strangely he raised his eyebrows, making Dylan look over his shoulder. The remote pointer was on a video with the title: 'Breaking News! The Mysterious Kidnapping Case finally came to light! – streamed a few minutes ago.

"Reporting from Ward Hill, Orkney Islands," the lady reporter in the video said. "In recent weeks, there have been strange cases of missing people. There was no ransom, and the victim seemed to have a background in music and songs. However, just today, at around 4 to 5 P.M local time, nine people suddenly showed up in a nearby town, six of them were reported missing from another town nearby. The three others were from Carlasco, near Edmonton, Canada. They were all nuns who are also reported missing in their city."

"Three nuns from Carlasco?" Dylan muttered, at the same time he turned his chair around to get a better vision on the news.

"Sister Mary, Jessica and Anna," the voice of the reporter was heard, but the video was showing three nuns who looked so pale, yet their dress was shabby. Immediately Dylan remembered that these nuns were the one whose 'Missing Person' poster was placed in the church, the night when he and Athena found Hera.

"The three nuns said that they were about to sleep at their church, when suddenly strange creatures like elf paralyzed and kidnapped them. When they woke up, they were already somewhere like a cave, and they were forced to sing at any time," the reporter said again. "Now we're going to hear the confession of Sister Anna about who's saving them."

The recording was switched to one of the nuns. Below the screen was a yellow rectangular board with the caption: Saved by Cosplays of Ancient Greek Soldiers?

The moment Dylan read the caption, he immediately got the answer to his earlier question: the rescue mission ended up attracting unwanted attention.

"There were five who came to save us," Sister Anna started speaking. "They were all wearing Ancient Greek costumes and helmets, like the old movies 300 and Clash of Titans. We saw them fight all these creatures, and then we decided to run away."