CHAPTER 46

POINT OF VIEW: DYLAN

Monday, November 7, 2028.

Carlasco = Around 08.20 A.M

Greece = Around 5.20 P.M

Orkney Island = Around 3.20 P.M

The infection spread faster than Dylan had expected. By the time Mr Konishi was laid on a bed at a soldier's barrack, the skin and flesh on his left arm had decomposed, leaving only dried skin glued on the brown bone. Apollo put his palm on the decomposing part, which was just below the collar bone. Pale green light was then emitted from beneath his palm, slowly he rubbed every transformed part. Miraculously, after around half an hour, the bones on every rubbed part turned white again, followed by the regrowth of normal skin. Dylan sighed in relief. But then having his head cleared from the worry of his boss' critical condition, the next thing soon occupied the empty space. It was none other than the abduction of Medusa.

"We have to save Medusa now," Dylan said.

"We will," Athena said.

"Wow," Nike looked towards Athena. "I never thought you could say that."

"We're opponents," Athena said. "But right now, the real threat is William. Saving Medusa means we will stop William once and for all."

"But ... ," Apollo said. "Why would he kidnap Medusa?"

"William obviously can control the monstrous dog and Draugrs," Athena said. "Maybe he's now trying to control Medusa."

Heracles nodded a few times. "That makes sense. If he could control her, it would be easier for him to rule everything."

"Artemis will be able to track down the warehouse," Apollo said. "We should prepare now."

"Agree," Heraces said.

"Dylan," Athena called. She then opened her palm and a piece of Lethe's sphere materialized above it. "We have to put this and bring your boss home. After that, we'll return to prepare for the battle."

For a moment, Dylan did forget that he was needed to shut the portal. Now that everyone was suddenly ready to settle things with William, he knew he no longer had the time to think about how to bail out.

After Heracles brought Mr Konishi away, everyone went to Hephaestus' place. But when they were still halfway, Athena suddenly asked the others to go first, as she wanted to brief Dylan about the battle. Raising his eyebrows, Dylan followed Athena to a gazebo. When the goddess had just sat across the entrance, she asked, "What bothers you, Dylan?"

Instantly, Dylan was stunned. "What ...," he started speaking ... "bothers me?"

"You look preoccupied. Are you worrying about the battle?"

"Ah no ... I just ... ," Dylan left his words hanging. But then he somehow felt that he could no longer hide everything. Therefore he decided to just reveal his past.

"After the death of my biological parents and separation from my siblings, the death of my step parents devastated me," Dylan started speaking. "I ended up a rebellious teenager. I made graffiti on my neighbors' walls and I also threw rubbish into their courtyard. Sometimes I even stole things like their statues or plants. But because I was an orphan and the police never took my case seriously, I was never imprisoned for more than two days."

"I really never thought you could be this naughty."

"Unbelievable, huh?" Dylan scoffed. Pausing for a moment, he continued speaking again. "One day ... My friend and I decided to try something else slightly different. We agreed to break into someone's house and take one or two of their possessions, then we're going to sell them at the yard sale."