CHAPTER 54: EPILOGUE

POINT OF VIEW: DYLAN

Sunday, December 24, 2028.

Carlasco = Around 04.00 P.M

Greece = Around 01.00 A.M

Orkney Island = Around 12.00 A.M

"Thank you for ordering our turkeys," the restaurant owner said as Dylan and Hephaestus left the store. "Hopefully it will bring a merry Christmas celebration for you and your friends."

"Thank you for providing us with these fine Turkeys, Mrs. Kent," Dylan said as he bowed down his head. "Merry Christmas to you and your family too."

Leaving the turkey restaurants, Dylan carried a box of Turkeys, while Hephaestus carried two. As it was Christmas Eve, people were buying stuff for the celebration, despite the snow that kept falling since early in the morning. Occasionally they would greet anyone they knew, they also wished each other a merry Christmas day. Later on, when they were waiting to cross the road, Hephaestus said to Dylan. "It seems no one actually cared about your past."

"Why do you say that?"

"Everyone is friendly to you," Hephaestus said. "No one ignores you or gives a strange look at you, just like you worried once."

Dylan chuckled. "Well, honestly, most of them didn't ask. Those who did ask, it's just out of their curiosity."

"It's good then."

"Indeed it is," Dylan said. "Well, actually, even if they see me differently, I should just ignore it. If I don't, then like Mr. Konishi said to me, ''I won't be at peace, and I will never embrace a brighter future."

"Great if you can hold onto that principle," Hephaestus said. "I believe you'll be able to do it."

"Thanks for the faith," Dylan said as he smiled.

Arriving at a room rented by Heracles, the preparation for the party had finished. A Christmas Tree with full ornaments had been erected, the walls had also been decorated, and Christmas songs and music had been played. Some foods had also been prepared by Hera and Nemesis. Now they were just waiting until Medusa and Lethe came back with sodas, juice and wine, then they could commence the Christmas Eve party.

Apollo suddenly rose up to his feet. Surprisingly, he turned to the door and drew his arrow. Artemis immediately approached him. "What's wrong, brother?" she asked, her eyes were also fixed at the door.

"Someone with the power of the sun is approaching."

Artemis instantly drew out her bow too and directed it at the door, followed by Athena and the others who also summoned their weapons. "Dylan," Athena called. "Get behind us."

Dylan immediately went to the back. But as he was still curious, he also peered at the door.

The door suddenly opened. Standing outside the room was a middle-aged man dressing like Ancient Egypt noblemen often depicted in the movies. Unexpectedly, everyone lowered their weapons. Instantly befuddled, Dylan asked, "Do you all know this man?"

"We do," Apollo said.

"Who is he?" Dylan asked.

"The sun god of Egypt," Apollo said. "His name is the great god Ra."