CHAPTER 27

POINT OF VIEW: DYLAN

Friday, October 28, 2028.

Carlasco = Around 00.20 A.M

Greece = Around 9.20 A.M

When the sun had shone and illuminated Olympus, everyone left Nike's house; they headed straight to the orchard where the portal was. The housing complex looked even more stunning and extravagant in the morning, as Dylan could now clearly see all the meticulously carved ornaments or statues, and the gold or bronze covered wall surfaces. He was also mesmerized by the courtyards scattered around the area, as now he could enjoy multi-color and multivariate plants and flowers cultivated in each soil.

Further even more from the houses were several wide fields and an enormous ancient building resembling The Colosseum in Rome. Athena told Dylan that the entire area was dedicated for the gods and goddesses to exercise and conduct any kind of war physical training. Dylan only nodded, while at the same imagining how wondrous it would be when all gods were still in Olympus to daily train themselves.

A few minutes later, they arrived at an area with dense trees on the left and a large lake on the right. The water was blue and clear; Dylan was tempted to get closer to it. Nonetheless, as soon as he laid his eyes on the water surface, he was surprised by the presence of small and large buildings below the water.

"The buildings down there were not because they were sunk," Hephaestus, who followed Dylan to the lake, said. "They were the housing complex dedicated to Poseidon and other water creatures."

Upon hearing the name 'Poseidon', Dylan was reminded again of the memory flashback shown by Medusa. In an instant, he felt disgusted by the guy. However, afraid he might offend The Olympian gods, he contained his feelings.

"So ... Poseidon lived here in ancient times?"

"No," Hephaestus shook his head. "His main palace was in The Aegean Sea. The housing complex here was more like his summer house."

"I see."

"Hey, you two!" Athena called. "What are you doing there?"

"Dylan was just curious about the buildings below," Hephaestus responded, as he pointed at the water surface.

"Let's hurry now," Athena said as she turned around and walked into the area of the dense trees.

The trees had various fruits hanging on the branches. Nike told Dylan that when the nymph of the trees were not yet dumped into Kolaseos, the fruits never stopped wafting strong sweet fragrance; it would certainly make everyone passing the orchard pluck and eat them. Now as the nature spirits no longer dwelled in these trees, the fragrance was just as normal as those growing outside the realm. While Dylan certainly could not imagine how tempting the fragrance would be when these spirits were still there, he just nodded a few times, without saying anything as a response to the goddess.

Moments later, amongst the sounds of wind and animals, Dylan heard the sound of an electric spark. The sound kept getting clearer and louder as everyone went even further. Before long, they arrived at a path leading out of the forest. Just a few steps away from the exit, the yellow lightning spark was floating above the ground.

"The last god to be pulled by this portal was Lord Zeus," Nike said as soon as everyone was three steps away from the portal. "Ever since it was just the four of us, we were always haunted by when our time would be. After waiting for almost a hundred years, we were finally enlightened by the mysterious human lady whom I met."

"Hera," Nemesis called. "You should know that when you were absorbed into this realm, Lord Zeus was totally devastated. He no longer had any affairs with humans, nymphs, or even other gods. Most of the time he would just lock himself in the room, making all the servants have to deliver food to your room. Even if he showed up at the dining hall, he would just eat a little with a gloomy expression, then he would simply come back to the room and lock himself again."