CHAPTER 41

POINT OF VIEW: DYLAN

Sunday, November 6, 2028.

Carlasco = Around 06.00 A.M

Greece = Around 03.00 P.M

Reaching the first floor, Dylan was instantly stunned. Across him was someone with his head dropped, sitting on the floor and leaning against the shelf. While he knew for sure this person was not Apollo, the sight of this figure still horrified him. That's because judging from the position, this person might no longer be alive. Furthermore, the shelf he was leaning on had also been wrecked, indicating that this person might have been tossed hard onto it. Instinctively, Dylan took out his phone. But right before he dialed the police number, his gut feeling told him to take a closer look first.

Slowly Dylan approached the person. He then squatted when the distance between them was just three steps away. The first thing that made him raise his eyebrows were the person's' pointy ears, which were similar to Santa Claus' elves. He ducked lower, intending to get a clearer vision on the person's face. Astonishingly, his nose was raised like a boar. While wondering whether this person was indeed an elf but in a more terrifying version, Athena came down with Artemis.

"Another creature, Dylan?" Athena asked as she approached him.

"Yes," Dylan nodded.

Athena knelt on one knee and inspected the creature. "It's been dead for quite some time. I guess Apollo's hit it on its heart."

"Didn't you hear anything, Athena?" Artemis asked, she obviously looked annoyed.

"I didn't," Athena said, good thing she did not express hostility against Artemis. "I'm sorry to have fallen into a deep sleep."

"Dylan," Athena called. "The library has CCTVs. Can we check them now?"

"Yes, we can. Let's go to the receptionist room now."

Dylan turned on the computer and activated the software to check the CCTV record. Apollo was playing his Lyre for quite some time, before four of these evil-elves suddenly approached and surrounded him. Apollo put the instrument on the table and got off the table. Facing the two seemingly coming from the receptionist room, he unexpectedly punched one of them. The punch seemed to be like any other normal punches, but strangely the creature was tossed away, as if it was just hit by a truck. Immediately the two evil elves behind Apollo scratched him on both his hands. He observed his arms, before he turned around and raised his right fist. However, before he could deliver another fatal blow, he dropped to his knees, while his right arm was still hanging in the air. Trembling greatly, he eventually fell to the floor.

The two evil elves took out two ropes and bound Apollo's hands and legs. After one of them lifted Apollo over its right shoulder, the one who had not yet done anything stepped forward and extended its left arm. It then unfolded its fingers, something then came out from the palm. That something stretched until the upper part was on the same level with the creature's hat, while the lower part reached the floor. They then stepped into it and vanished, leaving behind their friend who was punched to death by Apollo.

"This creature has the ability to make portals and move easily between places," Athena said. "Probably that's the reason they could enter here without breaking anything."

"This must be William's doing!" Artemis exclaimed. "I'm going to track him down now!"

Artemis rushed back to the reading hall. Kneeling on one knee in front of the corpse, she touched its forehead and the floor, before she shut her eyes. Wondering what she was doing, Dylan wanted to ask Athena. But feeling it might disturb Artemis, he chose to just wait and see.

Artemis raised her eyebrows. "This creature is Trow of the Orkney Islands," she finally said, strangely she still shut her eyes and still had not moved her hands.

"They came from a mountain called Ward Hill," she said again a little while later. Right after that, she opened her eyes again.

"It's not William who controlled them," Artemis said. "These creatures ... answered to themselves."

"Is that what the Earth told you?"

"She didn't tell me every single detail," Artemis said. "But I'm convinced they came here for their very own purposes."

Athena nodded. "Then we have to go there immediately," she said. "Dylan," she looked toward him. "You don't have to worry about this. Go to work now."

"I can help you in the search," Dylan said. "I can call my boss to have unpaid leave."

"I won't allow it," Athena said. "It's too dangerous for you. You shall only leave this problem to us."

Dylan got the urge to say he chose to help, but another part of him said that it would be a waste of energy to convince Athena in this matter. "Okay then, I'll leave for work now," he later said. "But in case you need help or assistance, please do not hesitate to call me."

"We will," Athena said. "Now go."

Dylan nodded, before he walked to the entrance and exited the building.