Chapter 35: Are We Really Family?

I'm sorry my updates aren't good right now. Last week was intense so I'm trying my hardest to catch up.
~~~

It was no secret that the twins loved it when Avelia picked them up from school. They were forever begging her to collect them, not just because she provided snacks but because they felt cool having their big sister pick them up. And Lia was more than happy to comply.

They also loved when Lia brought Natasha with her. Natasha was fun. She didn't mind chasing Tommy around or listen to Billy's rambling about what they learnt in English class. She'd even pretend to be surprised when they mentioned something cool that they learnt as if she didn't have to learn that herself. They loved her relationship with Lia.

The redhead allowing their sister to be more carefree, like there was no weight on her shoulders which they enjoyed. It's as if they got a little bit of their sister back.

They really did love Natasha. The redhead and the blonde were now part of the family. The kids didn't mind the girls holding hands, and they only teased when they kiss. That's what kids do...

But over the last week and a half, there had been a drastic shift in the boys' behaviour and their excitement towards Lia became subdued, but it went slightly unnoticed. With Lia's meltdown and Nat's party, the girls hadn't noticed. And Wanda's trip had distracted her slightly, meaning her attention was somewhat elsewhere.

~~~

Norwood elementary and middle school were connected together by a huge yard, the large buildings facing each other on the other side of town. Which meant that by the time the afternoon rolled around, the school yard was covered in a blanket of snow, and over 200 excited children wiggled in their seats as the flakes descended from the sky.

The highschool finished 30 minutes earlier than they did, so as Wanda and the girls drove over, the twins were still sat in class. Only 5 minutes to go. And to say they hated this class was an understatement. It was maths. And someone in that class made the twins' lives a living hell.

The new kid. That title had finally been taken away from the twins and passed to a boy called Daniel. The taller blonde boy had walked into school only a week before and suddenly everyone wanted to be his friend.

His family, which included his parents and his older brother, and himself of course, moved to town about a week ago. They moved into a large house on the main street near the town centre.

Daniel joined the school shortly after moving in and moved into the boys' class. They tried to be polite and befriend him, but the slightly taller young blonde had none of it. He quickly became popular amongst their peers, perhaps it was because he was living abroad before moving to a small hidden corner of Ohio. He mentioned Spain, but the boys didn't care, too busy playing basketball and reading during recess.

One specific math class showed the twins just how much trouble he wanted to cause...

Sitting behind the twins, Daniel was having fun throwing little bits of paper at Tommy's head. He had been going at it for a good 10 minutes and his classmates found it hilarious for some reason, they couldn't stop giggling. It's kind of sad that their humour only stopped at childish actions like that, or perhaps they were just laughing because they were scared of one day they'll be the ones in Tommy's shoes.

"Leave me alone Daniel." Tommy whisper-shouted after a while. He found it irritating really. Once that was done, he turned back around to focus on the lesson and the board in front of him, working on solving the multiplications on his worksheet. He wasn't very good at maths and so he couldn't afford to miss the teacher's explanation even though he knew his father would've no problem re-explaining it all to him later.