Chapter 46: Reflections

hello lovely people. sorry for disappearing for 2 weeks... i'm back!

~~~

"I really can't stand cheerleaders. I mean... look at them. They just look annoying, don't they!" Maria scowled as she snacked on a pot of grapes, rolling her eyes at the loud rumble of laughter which came from the cheerleaders' table.

"Watch it Hill, Miss Romanoff over there used to be one." Clint nudged Nat's leg with his foot, which just earned him a glare from the redhead.

Maria smiled a wicked smile. "Oh how could I forget. You became an obnoxious shit for 6 months."

Natasha slapped her best friend's arm and confiscated her grape pot. "I was not obnoxious! I hated being one as much as you hate them now!"

"Sure sure. Always in that uniform, even when it snowed... giggling with your little friends and flirting with footballers-"

"Maria Hill I swear to go-" Nat raised her hand but stopped mid action as she felt a warm hand wrap around her wrist.

"Nat, don't hit her. Not at the lunch table." Lia appeared behind Natasha with her lunch tray and smiled sweetly at Maria, who smiled back. She slid into her seat and passed Natasha a bag of chips, who accepted them with her eyes still locked on Maria.

"Lia is the peace keeper here. Glad someone can keep everyone in check." Bucky spoke up, dusting the crumbs from his fingers over his lunch tray.

The brunette shook her head and took a forkful of pasta, blowing to cool it down. "Well, what can I say, I'm a natural. That's what you get for having little brothers."

"Even when they act older than you sometimes." Nat quipped, stealing some of Lia's pasta much to her protest.

"You are a dick."

"Uhhh no. I'm a lesbian. But thanks baby." Nat said with a wink, making Lia groan.

"Well sort it out because you're acting like a dick."

"Well..." Nat leaned to whisper in Lia's ear. "If that means I can be inside you, then I'm not complaining." Lia flushed bright red and dropped her face into her hands, and by the looks on the faces of everyone else at the table, Natasha needed to work on her whispering skills.

"Damn, I do not want to hear that when I'm eating, thank you!" Nat ignored Clint and instead completely turned away from him, choosing to look at Lia instead.

"Then don't listen, dumbass!"

"Natasha, shut up." Lia's face was still bright red and she hated it. And Nat wasn't happy with being full named, especially by her girlfriend who had an addiction with using nicknames.

The redhead threw her arm around Lia's shoulder and ran her fingers through the hair that lay on her shoulder. "You look beautiful today, did I tell you? Your hair," she twisted a braid around her fingers, "just looks so cute."

Lia rolled her eyes and took another bite. "Yes you have told me. You did them, remember?"

Nat's eyes twinkled. "Ah well that's why they look so cute."