1• Athiya And Her Past

''I found a love, for me
Darling, just dive right in and follow my lead
Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow
Your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holding mine

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark
With you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass
Listening to our favourite song
When you said you looked a mess
I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it
Darling, you look perfect tonight

Well, I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a lover, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own

We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fighting against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your man
I see my future in your eyes

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark
With you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass
Listening to our favorite song
When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful
I don't deserve this
Darling, you look perfect tonight

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark
With you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass
Listening to our favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect

I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight.''

A girl was sitting in her balcony plugging ear buds, feel the cool breeze on her face which made her hair run wild. Sunray's falling on her sweat glistered face made her look like an angel. 

When will I find someone with whom I can sing this song, Be happy with, she thought.
A lone tear escaped her eyes remembering her past.

She stood there for a few minutes and turned around hearing someone call her .

'' Athiya '' her mother called her from downstairs. She pulled out her ear buds and ran down the stairs towards the hall to only find her mother looking at something in her laptop.

'' Yes ma '' she said panting. Her mother motioned her to sit beside her on the couch. She sat and peeked into the laptop to find her mother looking at a photo a boy. She understood in which direction all this was heading.

'' Athiya see, his name is Varun, CA by profession, and owns his own firm in Bangalore. His-''her mother said but athiya cut her off '' Ma I don't wanna marry anytime soon. ''

Her mother was going to say something but her father interrupted them '' Mana don't get worked up. She will find someone for herself or we will find someone for her. A suitable man, Haina bacche. ''

Athiya hugged her father and said, '' you are my saviour dad '' . '' Anything for you .'' he said while patting her head lovingly. Athiya then moved back to her room.

'' Suneil why didn't you convince her to marry? It's high time now. '' mana said. '' Let us wait for sometime, if she doesn't find anyone then we will find a groom for her. '' Suneil said to which she nodded.

Athiya sat near the balcony. Her parents were right, she needs to get married, it's high time now. But how can she? Her past is not letting her move on. She knows that she won't be able to find someone for herself. So she thought to give all this a chance. She agreed for an Arrange Marriage.

She let out a breathe and headed down to find her parents sitting there . She sat next to them and said '' I am ok with the arranged marriage thing .'' As soon as those words left from her mouth, mana got extremely excited and hugged her, but all this left Suneil stunned.

''But I have a condition. '' she seriously exclaimed to which they nodded. '' The guy should not be from my industry and should be sensible, humorous and responsible.''
'' Ok done. '' her mother exclaimed with happiness seen through her eyes.
Her mother then got up and went into the kitchen to get something.

Suneil was not convinced about the sudden change in her decision.
'' What happened athiya? '' he asked her while taking her hand in his.
'' I don't know dad. It's just so complicated. '' she said and leaned on his shoulder.
'' Why don't you find someone for yourself? '' he asked her.
'' You know what happened last time right.'' she said while remembering all the awful memories.
'' You have to let it go dear. You can't be stuck with the past. Can we? '' he said and she moved her head in no.
'' Then try giving someone chance. Maybe you will find your soul mate in him. '' he continued and she hummed in response and went back to her room.

She tried to sleep for sometime but it was far away. After sometime she got some sleep but the nightmares won't let that happen.
She stirred in her sleep, turned around on the bed and curled herself into a ball, murmered '' No.. Just let me go... Please... Ahh '' and jolted up from her sleep.
She sat on her bed wiping her tears and sweat, gulping a glass of water kept on the side table. All those nightmares were still haunting her, they didn't let her sleep peacefully. This was the reason she doesn't want to get married. She didn't want anyone else to know about her fears, about her feelings, her emotional turmoils, her messed up life.

Shooing all the thoughts away, she pulled out a box of medicine, gulped one of them and slept.

All those things had became her routine about which nobody knew till date. And never wanted anybody to know about it as well.

Here her mother began the groom hunt. A suitable groom for her daughter .

Some days passed, Mana suggested many guys but athiya rejected them by pointing some or the other things.

She was just frustrated with the whole thing. Her life was no less than a drama, she thought.

One fine day, athiya was sitting on her bed reading a book when her mother barged in her room. She grinned and said '' I have found the perfect groom for you. And we are going to meet them tomorrow. ''
As the words slipped from mana's mouth, athiya was shocked, that would be an understatement.

She knew that her mother was trying to find a groom for her but she never saw her this confident. The grin on her mother's face gave her the warning that this is not going to end soon. She knew, her mother will definitely convince her for this alliance, with no scope of her denying it.

The next day they got ready and left for manglore. Athiya did not ask anything about the groom. But she felt weird as Ahan was giving her smiles, which was very unusual to her. She raised her eyebrow but Ahan just shrugged his shoulders. Keeping her thoughts away she looked out of the window, waiting for the journey to end .

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey!
So this was the first chapter of the book. Hope you liked it. Do pin down your opinions in the comment section. See you in the next chapter.
Till then, bye!
Yours,
Mahi💙