3• Arranged Marriage

'' Rahul show around the house to Athiya.'' his mother suggested him to which he nodded and got up from his seat. Athiya looked at her father to which he nodded. She got up and followed Rahul.

They made their way towards the seatings in the backyard of the house. As Rahul opened the back door, a dog came running towards them. He knelt down and picked the dog up. He started to lick his face . Athiya was just seeing them looking at the cute moments.
The dog smelled some other presence and started to bark at her. Rahul just patted his back and said something in his ear and kept him down.
'' That's Simba , my pet. '' Rahul said.
Athiya knelt down and patted his back saying, '' Hi Simba. Will you be my friend? '' . She put a hand towards him and Simba put a paw on hers. Rahul was stunned that Simba never accepts anybody this easily.

Three of them then moved towards the chairs and sat down while Simba running in the backyard.

After a moment of silence Rahul said, '' We didn't have our introduction properly. '' and athiya looked at him with a small smile.

'' I am KL Rahul, Naam toh Suna he hoga. '' He said with a smile showing his cute dimples and forwarded his hand to her . She let out a small laugh and said, '' Filmy much. '' She shaked hands with him and said, '' I am Athiya Shetty. Nice to meet you Rahul. '' '' Nice to meet you too''Rahul said with a cheeky smile.

They did not know what to talk next. They know about each others professions. They had seen each other but never talked. The moment was being awkward for them so athiya thought to ask him something, '' So how's your life going?'' she asked breaking the silence .
He smiled and said, '' It's going pretty good . Having two families is a blessing in disguise. ''
'' Two families? '' she asked out of curiosity.
He let out a small laugh and answered, '' One , mom dad and my sisters and another is my team, my brothers ,my cricket family. ''
She understood what all those people mean to him by seeing his facial expressions while talking about them.
'' So how's your life going? '' Rahul asked her.
'' It is good. Being with mom dad and Ahan . Working on the movies alongside. Pretty good now. '' she answered.
'' So tell me something about your another family? '' she asked wanting to know more about them.
'' They are brothers from another mother . Everyone in the team is a brother to me , crazy bunch of children in adults body . Virat , Rohit, Harry, Jassi, Mayank and many more, everyone is equally crazy except Mahi Bhai, Jinks and Bhuvi. Harry,Jassi and Mayank are my best friend . '' he said while remembering the moments with them.
'' tell me about your friends? '' he then asked her the same question.
'' I have two bestfriends Anushka Sharma and Sanjana Ganesan . They are adorable, my go to people,my solution to every problem. '' she said and smiled.
''Anushka Sharma, the actress? '' he asked her to which she nodded .
'' She indeed is an awesome person. Anushka and Virat were always there for me in any and every situation. Best couple ever .'' he said and athiya replied ''Indeed .''
They then talked about many things and didn't notice that it's been half an hour since they are talking.

Bhavna and Eshanvi came to call them and noticed them talking like they have known each other for years. They knew their brother never talks to strangers this easily, so all this was a bit shocking for them. But they were looking cute together and would make a nice couple, they thought.
They clicked a photo of them, and saved it as a memory of their first meet.

'' Anna . Mom is calling you two inside. Come within some time. '' Eshanvi said and headed inside the house. That's when reality dawned upon them , why they were here. They looked at each other. Rahul asked '' So what do you think? '' . Athiya knew what he was talking about . '' Umm.. You tell me? '' she asked without answering his question.
'' I am ok with all this '' he said confidently. Athiya was shocked a bit seeing his confidence towards their relationship. He saw her expressions and said, '' I know what you are thinking. But I don't have any issues with this alliance. I am not in any relationship for a long time. Any maybe it's high time to get married now. And my mum loves you as well. So tell me about your opinion. Do you have someone in your life? ''
'' No. I am also ok with this alliance .'' she said and smiled at him. Rahul forwarded a hand and said, '' Let's be friends first , we will let everything on whatever future holds for us. '' . She took his hand and said, '' Friends for life. '' They smiled , an unknown feeling was there within themselves.
KL was never a person who spoke his emotions and feelings out to anyone, but there the situation was different, here he himself wanted to speak his heart out to her .

They stood and started to walk towards the door when Rahul turned towards her and said, '' By the way, have I told you before that you are looking beautiful today. '' ,she blushed at the comment and said, '' You don't look bad yourself .''
'' I know right. People always find me handsome and attractive. '' he said with a cheeky smile on his face.
'' Don't flatter yourself Mr. Rahul. '' she said while rolling her eyes at him while walking towards the door.
'' Don't you think I am handsome? '' he asked. She shaked her head in disapproval and laughed . He just shaked his head in disbelief. They had a constant smile on their faces, a genuine one , which didn't go unnoticed by all of them.
As they entered, seven pairs of eyes were staring at them.
Bhavna stared at them and then at their entertwined hands. They realised and left onto eachothers hold and stood looking at their faces, embarrassed. All of them laughed at the act, she blushed and his ears turned red.

Soon they stood near the sofa, everybody knew what's coming, looking at both of their faces. Bhavna raised an eyebrow at them asking their decision. They looked at each other.

Rahul took her hand in his and said, '' We are ready for the marriage. ''

Before anybody could react they heard a loud voice, '' Marriage?!? Wait What ?!? ''

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey!
So back with another update.
Virat scored his 72nd international century and Ishan Kishan scored his first ever double century. It was such a proud moment to watch our Indian players play those phenomenal knocks. Loved the innings. No matter what the result is , we will definitely keep supporting our team INDIA.
Enjoy reading it. Hope you liked it .
See you in the next chapter.
Till then, bye!
Yours,
Mahi💙.