15• West Indies Tour

Rahul was off to airport for his flight and athiya decided to drop him till there.

They talked about all the random things as it was an hour journey from his home to airport.

As they reached the airport, they were out of words, due to their emotions.

It was his first tour after they met.

They looked at each other and he took her in a tight hug. Sitting in same position for a while, she reluctantly left him.

He kissed her forehead and whispered a small 'I'll miss you ' .
She smiled faintly amd kissed his cheek saying 'I'll miss you more '.

Giving her a small side hug and whispering each other adeu , he exited the car. She stayed inside because of the paparazzi outside.

But they did capture their moments in their cameras.

Everything was back to the routine , except they were part of each others day. Then rahul was dropped from the playing 11 ,that was the worst thing that happened . Rahul was dissappointed in himself .

A week passed by, and Rahul found himself grappling with disappointment after being dropped from the playing 11. Athiya, sensing his struggle, decided it was time to step in and offer support.

With a heart heavy for him, she planned a surprise visit to lift his spirits. She took the earliest flight to West Indies but didn't inform anyone there .Dressed casually in jeans and an oversized tshirt , she knocked on his door one evening.

Rahul, surprised and slightly puzzled, opened the door to find Athiya standing there, a soft smile playing on her lips. "Hey," she said, her voice gentle yet reassuring.

He welcomed her in, still carrying the weight of frustration and self-doubt. Athiya could sense his turmoil and knew it wasn't going to be easy to uplift his mood.

As she walked into his hotel room, she found him lost in thought, brooding over the recent turn of events.

She gently sat beside him, holding his hand. "Hey, it's okay," she began softly, "You're more than just the playing 11. You're talented, dedicated, and that's what matters. This setback doesn't define you, Rahul."

He looked at her, his eyes reflecting a mix of frustration and self-doubt. "But I let everyone down, Athiya. I was supposed to perform."

"You're human, Rahul. You have bad days too. It's part of the journey. You've got what it takes, and this is just a phase. You'll bounce back stronger. Believe in yourself, like I believe in you," she reassured him, squeezing his hand gently.

Her words seemed to have a soothing effect. He sighed, feeling a bit lighter. "Thanks, Athiya. I needed that."

"Just remember, setbacks are setups for comebacks," she said with a reassuring smile, "And I'm here, cheering you on, no matter what."

With her unwavering support and understanding, Rahul found solace. Athiya's visit became a turning point, reminding him that amidst the challenges, having someone who believes in you makes all the things better .

Here Virat and Anushka decided to cheer up Rahul, so they decided to take him out as a third wheel for one of their dates .

They knocked on his door , ready to drag him out with them if he denys. They barged inside his room and ordered him to get ready without letting him say anything.

That's when the boothroom door opened and athiya walked out . They couldn't believe their eyes when Athiya appeared out of nowhere.

"Athiya!" Anushka whispered . She went and gave her best friend a hug ,questioning, " How are you ? And when did you come ?"

"Well, someone here was in dire need of some cheer-up." Athiya replied earning chuckles from them .

Rahul smirked "Oh, I see. You're my knight in shining armor now"

"More like your saving grace from becoming a grumpy bear." She jabbed at him playfully.

"Alright, folks, let's spread some cheer. Who's up for a game of 'Cheer-up Rahul'?" Virat asked to which all of them shared a laugh .

They all headed out, aiming to lighten Rahul's mood. Heading out ,they met team on the way who were coming to take Rahul out with them .The team gathering lifted spirits, but Rahul's occasional sarcastic jabs peppered the evening.

"To being dropped without a parachute!" Rahul exclaimed with a glass of blueberry mocktail in his hands.

"Ah, the rollercoaster of cricket emotions. At least you can join our fan club in the stands." Anushka said chuckling.

"Hey, chin up! If cricket fails, we'll start a support group for the dropped players." Athiya said making a serious face.

"I'll volunteer to be the president since I've been there quite a few times." Rishabh said earning laughter around the table.

The night unfolded with laughter, teasing, and shared camaraderie, serving as a balm to Rahul's disappointment while keeping the banter lively.

The night ended with a good note, but the next day was going to be even better .

Athiya decided to stay from a couple of days more with the grumpy bear, that's what she was calling him nowadays.

As Rahul and athiya decided to marry after getting to know each other, so she decided to take him on a date .

----------------------------------------‐-------------------

Hola Readers,

I know I have been absent for quite a lot of time , but I had my first attempt for cs executive, so I had to prepare for that .

Sorry for the inconvenience guys .
And I have been receiving a lot of messages regarding the updates, wanted to thank you guys for your support. Now I'll try to complete the story as soon as possible.

Do you think I should put some targets for the chapter , I have seen many writers do that . What do you guys think ?

See you guys in the next update .

Till then, Bye!

Yours,
Mahi💙